Regarding Covid

Some of what Nick Hudson (panda) says I agree with in broad strokes. But through the videos some of his citations I found vague and leading. It would be interesting to see how he would stand up in a counterpoint interview.

I assume you're an essential worker, and that unemployment from lock-downs doesn't affect you as much as it does others. I only say that because tree businesses, where I live, have been working steady despite the covid lock-downs.

Other businesses are in dire straits. Dreadful situation for many. Far worse than the disease, I feel.

Ya the repeated lockdowns don't affect treework.
Wallymart and Costco still open, but a lot of other business owners have to jump through hoops and over hurdles.

Housing market has been nuts for a while.
A lot of folks want to escape from the city (Toronto), or have a bug out place to spend their weekends.
When interest rates eventually go up, it is gonna get interesting.

Heh, I see that too. I think they're just stupid. Back when all this first started, I saw my neighbor come out of his house, and then hurry up and put on a mask. Dunno where he thought a virus was coming from :^D

Its better to be seen wearing a mask than it is to wash your fugging hands occasionally.

People just dont want to be hassled or questioned as to why they didn't get the shot or why they won't wear a mask.

Lock Down Ontario.

If it saves just one........lawsuit. Er...I mean life.

Make sure they drink plenty of that chlorinated water!

And pool noodles??? They haven't outlawed those things yet? We can still use them here but they have to be made out of paper. That's probably what caused the TP shortage last year.

The "special measures", which 1/4 of the departments were under, are extended now to the whole country.
Too bad, the virus doesn't seem to follow the edicted rules nor respect the frontiers.

If you want the vaccine and you have made that decision for yourself and believe it's the best decision, then get it. If not, then that's ok too in a free society. After all freedom is about making your own decisions.

I personally have zero trust in clown world and will for ever after do the exact opposite of anything they want me to do because I've come to the common sense conclusion that Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus. They do not have my best interest in mind. And the Gov't never has and never will be responsible for me and mine.

And in the here and now, it is fairly common to see people driving around while wearing a mask. Mebbe they dont want the vehicle to catch a virus. Bizarre.
I don't think it's too bizarre. If I go to town to run errands the bank, pharmacy, grocery store and post office are all within a few blocks of each other. With my long hair and glasses it is much easier for me to leave my mask on for a two block drive than repeatedly take it off and put it back on.

I do the same.
Unless I'm super careful, removing the mask flips my hearing aids out.
Since losing one of them would set me back a grand and a half, it is easier to leave the mask on.

Last edited:
Exactly, Stig. One day rushing to put my mask on, my thousand dollar glasses fell off and popped a lens. I couldn't see good enough to put it back in. I learned a lesson.

Back