petzl flow splice instructions

Naturarbo

Naturarbo
Hi so after cutting open this rope I tried to understand the process.

Please read and CORRECT

Attachments

• IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 24
I would send it off to be break tested.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Petzl publishes their rope splicing instructions either?

Petzl rope is made by an Italian corporation and in English is called a "slace" or something of the sort.
Let me do some research. Italian corporations are terrible about publishing in English

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
first here is revised instructions, hope that someone gives some input , I am a BEGGINER:D
In Portugal nobody splices so its very dificult to learn:D

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    811.9 KB · Views: 5
I personally wouldn't climb on an unpublished splice without having a few break tested. Is there somewhere in the EU that will test your splices?

Finished it last night, climbed today.There is inconsistent diameter around the crossovers the last bury cover in core is very bumpy.Eye went trough the ZZ, stretched a bit, but didnt move, eye did not deform, will load a photo after use

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
were we go ruel
Pic 1b first crossover is 60mm deeper then original(started with -10mm)
Pic 1c second crossover is 40mm deeper(hasnt changed)
Pic 1d third cross is 49mm deeper(was 45mm)
Stuff in brackets is before use.
I think the cover is been pulled to the eye a lot and bunched the throat next to eye.
Eye as not changed at all.
Should I load the rope before lock stichting

Attachments

• 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    792.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Im really not sure what the pictures are showing. Lock stitch away, can't imagine it'll hurt anything.

I repeat myself, but be careful. Be super damn sure that the splice isn't going to move. Put some kind of marking on the eye, so you can see if the eye is pulling out

thanks for the input.the eye has not changed at all from finish till now,when climbing before during and after check I do always.
will load a pic with binner in place, the same from a previous pic

got another petzl rope, this time Flow 11,6mm, again like my previous rope Control 12.5mm the first meter is really bumpy.
My splice seems better then Petzl's, as my eye is even tighter and hasn't changed, moved or deformed after use, my crossover is very smooth and even, just to big for passin trough ZZ

Attachments

• s2.JPG
    s2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • s3.JPG
    s3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Hello, I'm very impressed that you have reverse engineered this rope splice.

I used Samantha's instructions from Treebuzz as I cannot at the moment get the official instructions.

Hello, I'm very impressed that you have reverse engineered this rope splice.

I used Samantha's instructions from Treebuzz as I cannot at the moment get the official instructions.

Hi @High Scale thanks man, took me 2 tests until perfection,m I am still riding my own petzl splices with no changes after 2 years.
Where can I find Samantha's instructions??
Splicing rocks, :rockhard: especially when something patented is broken down
lets keep info coming

I've spliced this eye on a couple of different double braids but I haven't had them tested, it's a very cool splice.

Back