Official Guns Thread

So I ordered a Smith & Wesson 686 Plus 357 for a nice extra revolver, based on many good reviews. Sorry, but what arrived pooped on S&W's reputation. The gun store owner quickly pointed out unusual swirl blemishes on the left barrel and the cylinder barely opened. I sent is back, and after the supplier not sending replacement with 4 weeks passed, I asked for an order cancel and applied my payment to a variation of something that has worked well for me. A Baretta PX4 Storm 9mm G-SD

I already have PX4 Storm .40 in full size and sub-compact, and 9mm in sub-compact.

Here's one of several videos related to the PX4 9mm G-SD. The one I ordered does not have the full set of Langdon Tactical upgrades. Just the regular pistol that was designed in collaboration with Langdon.

For revolvers, I bought and kept a nice compact one a couple months ago. Handled nice at the range too. Charter Arms 38 Blue Diamond. I practice with normal stuff, but store it with Underwood Extreme Defender +P which are about 1300 fps and 375 ft. lbs. The rounds are an external hollowpoint which can penetrate ribs or studs, won't clog with leather or denim, yet designed to dump energy in tissue like a hollowpoint.

Incredibly compact.

Attachments

• charter.jpg
    charter.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 5
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Own both those names in a couple offerings. 38/357, 32 H&R mag and 327 Fed mag. All good triggers and good carrys. Save for my longer barrels on a couple. Those just like to target shoot.

I had several people try my tx .22 compact with a dot
They really liked it and a few bought their own after trying mine
I went ahead and bought another one to shoot without a dot i don't care much for the dots
3 free mag deal going on now for Taurus

Just bought one of those also a couple months ago right after the Charter 38 revolver I posted above. It shot fairly tight at the indoor range, and that was my first time firing in about 6 years. I'm just getting back into the rythym of learning and practice again.

I was ruminating buying a 2nd of that Taurus 22 so if a friend tags along they'd have something affordable to try also. But it came my attention that a .22 conversion kit was available for AR-15's that only takes 1 minute to install. So I bought that as the option to bring a 2nd .22 along to the indoor range. It stuck every other round but then I sprayed lube on it and it worked seamlessly afterward.

I may buy the Smith & Wesson 460 magnum revolver. Taurus makes some too but even though Taurus is a lot less expensive, I like the stainless finish of the Smith & Wesson offerings. The Smith & Wesson 500 mag is technically more powerful, but just slightly at the muzzle and the two are a dead-heat as distance increases. The 460 allows 45 Colt, 454 Casull and 460 so the ammo flexibility is a big plus. What I haven't decided on yet is:

a. An 8 inch barrel used for about $1200
b. A 5 inch barrel which more compact with minimal velocity variance
c. One of the performance models with a heavier 7 in to 10 in. barrel

This is not a need. This revolver cost as much per round as shooting standard slug ammo for 12 guage. Every full cylinder is about $10 to $15.

Attachments

• smith-wesson-460xvr-8.jpg
    smith-wesson-460xvr-8.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1
  • smith-wesson-460xvr-5-inch.jpg
    smith-wesson-460xvr-5-inch.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1
  • S&W 10 inch.jpg
    S&W 10 inch.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
There's a guy on YouTube that has a high powered air rifle with a night scope camera where all he does is kill rats. Seems unbelievably effective and fun :lol: They also have a repeater trap that drops their bodies so other animals can carry them away, and would only need shoveling their bodies up as clean up. You can also do the bucket trap with a garbage can and water for them, but whatever you do don't forget about it for a day or it'll reek worse than you can imagine. We were overrun with chipmunks a few years ago, so badly that you could barely mow with all the tunnels everywhere. I ended up getting a few no touch plastic rat traps with the teeth, and then used some 4" plastic pipes i had to set up little highways for them to get used to, then i wouldn't even need to bait them, they would just run over them. The neighbors dog would get treats for each one she brought up, so she would roll the pipes til they flopped out so she could get treats for those too, and i would reset them everyday until the problem was under control :lol:

I may buy the Smith & Wesson 460 magnum revolver. Taurus makes some too but even though Taurus is a lot less expensive, I like the stainless finish of the Smith & Wesson offerings. The Smith & Wesson 500 mag is technically more powerful, but just slightly at the muzzle and the two are a dead-heat as distance increases. The 460 allows 45 Colt, 454 Casull and 460 so the ammo flexibility is a big plus. What I haven't decided on yet is:

a. An 8 inch barrel used for about $1200
b. A 5 inch barrel which more compact with minimal velocity variance
c. One of the performance models with a heavier 7 in to 10 in. barrel

This is not a need. This revolver cost as much per round as shooting standard slug ammo for 12 guage. Every full cylinder is about $10 to $15.

The .460S&W magnum will shoot the .454 Casull with low recoil and .45LongColt +P rounds very light recoil.

Full power .460S&W magnum rounds are absolutely not a novelty, and not a gun to let beginners shoot.

Just bought one of those also a couple months ago right after the Charter 38 revolver I posted above. It shot fairly tight at the indoor range, and that was my first time firing in about 6 years. I'm just getting back into the rythym of learning and practice again.

I was ruminating buying a 2nd of that Taurus 22 so if a friend tags along they'd have something affordable to try also. But it came my attention that a .22 conversion kit was available for AR-15's that only takes 1 minute to install. So I bought that as the option to bring a 2nd .22 along to the indoor range. It stuck every other round but then I sprayed lube on it and it worked seamlessly afterward.

Those tx .22s are just fun to shoot
I'm selling my original tx .22 fullsize
The compacts are my favorite but that new tx .22 bull barrel with 22rnds looks good.

Cabela's has the compacts for 50.00 off for 279.00 and Taurus is giving 3 extra free mags IMG_20240607_174539.jpg IMG_20240607_174610.jpg
Everyone's favorite at the range.

Cabela's has the compacts for 50.00 off for 279.00 and Taurus is giving 3 extra free mags
Everyone's favorite at the range.

Bud's Guns, for example, has the compacts for $247 w/ free shipping and $239 if "cash" paid. And apparently a rebate off that amount, plus 3 x magazines. There would be a tranfer fee in the $30 range, but that may even less money if the rebate is off Bud's listed prices.

Lotta guns in this thread, lotta guns in this vid

Bud's Guns, for example, has the compacts for $247 w/ free shipping and $239 if "cash" paid. And apparently a rebate off that amount, plus 3 x magazines. There would be a tranfer fee in the $30 range, but that may even less money if the rebate is off Bud's listed prices.
Everyone's wanting 40-50.00 for transfer fees here for some reason
I used to pay 10-20.00 for transfers
So i just buy at the gun stores now.

Back