Official Guns Thread

treesmith

Banned
Just a reminder…only a few days left if you’re wanting an 80% lower…Biden’s law to save us all goes into effect on the 24th…

Grnjp

Treehouser
Just a reminder…only a few days left if you’re wanting an 80% lower…Biden’s law to save us all goes into effect on the 24th…

Still have a mill? 😆

treesmith

Banned
It’s an end mill bit. There’s a baseplate that you attach to the router that has a support bearing to take side-load off the collet.

Ed L

Treehouser
Got one of my Contenders back from the gunsmith today.
Very late production gen l frame. Damn spring was so stiff on the release it was hard to open, as in 2x compared to my other ones.
Lighter spring and a little honing on rough surfaces and life is a little better.

Ed

BeerGeek

Tree Numbnutz
Spent time at my cousin's friend's farm, which he has a interesting arrangement for target shooting set up. A 30 yard squared area for handgun/AR usage with metal plates, target frames and metal targets, and then a rolling hillside with targets from 75 out to 550 yards, with multiple firing locations along a intro downhill. Got to shoot my 9 and 22 revolver. My cousin let me shoot his AR15 and his Win-308 hunting rifle. He set me up on the 308 after he was done hitting a bunch of shots out at 515 yds, and I hit 9 consecutive on a target 125 yds out. See pic of my target and sporting the AR:

IMG_20220822_170320741_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220824_003603.jpg

Last edited:

treesmith

Banned
Well, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. The rule against 80% lowers is now supposedly in effect. Funny, because as far as I know, even if you bought an 80% lower, milled it out, assembled it, attached an upper, ending up with a finished “firearm”, you still couldn’t go to town and shoot people. I’m not real up-to-date on liberal thinking. Perhaps I’m missing something…

Last edited:

Czed

Treehouser
My 80 year old friend wanted fiber optic sights after trying mine so I put them on his tx .22 IMG_20220823_145309772_HDR.jpg
He shoots every morning at his range to keep himself busy IMG_20220823_143639735_HDR.jpg
I painted his front sight on his birdshead Wrangler bright orange
It really helps him see.

BeerGeek

Tree Numbnutz
I bought the APX Carry for the other half. She wants the revolver, so I may get to keep a nice carry piece. Great deal on that.

treesmith

Banned
My 80 year old friend wanted fiber optic sights after trying mine so I put them on his tx .22
He shoots every morning at his range to keep himself busyI painted his front sight on his birdshead Wrangler bright orange
It really helps him see.
Need to work on that grip in the first pic. Setting up for slide bite!

Czed

Treehouser
Need to work on that grip in the first pic. Setting up for slide bite!
I agree
But he's owned a shooting range for more than 40 year's shooting idpa and silhouette competitions
he just had to modify his grip because of arthritis he gets injections
But they don't last long his hands draw up
The wrangler birdshead is the most comfortable for him
He shoots every day that he's able.

Czed

Treehouser
I bought the APX Carry for the other half. She wants the revolver, so I may get to keep a nice carry piece. Great deal on that.
I never would have thought I'd rather shoot the compacts and micro compacts that are out there now
But I always grab one
Just plain fun to shoot and virtually as accurate with practice
I definitely don't need another 9mm
But that berreta is a good deal.

treesmith

Banned
America needs a William Tell. America needs a million William Tells…

Yeah, I know. It’s hilarious to imagine anyone not bobbing their head like a brainwashed fool every time another feel-good “law” is passed. After all, it’s for our good, eh?

Last edited:

Tree09

Treehouser
Wrong thread for politics, stop spreading it everywhere since it's worse than herpes. Remember how i said there would be consequences for trying to ban abortion illegally? This is the answer to that, they passed it knowing that it was illegal but knowing you can't do anything other than moan like you like it. The Texas law mechanism that the Supreme court decided to let stand because of their personal political views on abortion gave precedent to allow states or even local authorities to make random illegal laws enforced by citizens in a civil setting, completely going against any checks and balances built into the constitution. Congrats, you caught the bus, hope it was worth it. It's gonna get so much worse too, until we clear the unqualified trash your criminal lord put there and have enough challenges to force them to overturn this precedent.

treesmith

Banned
I’m not spreading politics. I was replying/reacting to Stephen’s post above. Perhaps some of you sensitive folk need to stop looking for politics in everything you see/read.

Tree09

Treehouser
Stephen shouldn't have posted that here, and you didn't need to say how we need millions of sharpshooters to kill politicians.