Official Guns Thread

treesmith

Banned
A swing…and a miss…like so many others…trying to put words in my mouth. I was referencing a man who refused to bow to a hat...a simply WILL NOT COMPLY. In other words, if they pass a law that concealed carry is “illegal”….carry anyhow. Ignore unconstitutional laws… I said nothing of killing anyone.

If I say, “We could use more Kyles”…..am I saying we could use more master welders? Or saying we need more folk with warped political views? Perspective, perspective…..

Last edited:

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
I post things about changing laws on firearms to keep folks informed. Gun owners need to know what is going on and how it will effect them. And it should go in the gun thread seeing that it's a gun thread.
These laws are coming down the pike for a lot of folks and will eventually effect them in other states across the nation.
So. New guns laws. Do we really need a need thread? I dont think so.

BeerGeek

Tree Numbnutz
As Stephen said above, it's a gun thread, and all things guns (laws included) should be discussed here. Not agreeing with laws and voicing said opinions is not political, but the right of a citizen as per 1A (kudos Bob). Kyle, your intelligent, so show some more and just learn to ignore it if you don't like something posted in a thread. Nuff said.

Add-on: Things get political when you antagonize another for their given beliefs, and then engage with them on that argument. Commenting on government stupidity is only "political" if someone isn't grown up enough to realize everyone has a right to their opinion, just like their ability to have/be an asshole.

Last edited:

treesmith

Banned
Kyle, if you can spare a few minutes out of your busy day, watch this and offer your perspective, please sir. It’s Illinois…your state. May or may not affect/impact you. I’m curious as to your thoughts.

Czed

Treehouser
Finally got to try the smith ezs
Nice pistols but I prefer the shield plus IMG_20220827_122835217_HDR.jpg
I'll have to get one of those new czs
They are excellent shooter's

treesmith

Banned
What are your thoughts on the EZs? I don’t care for them myself. I prefer a striker-fire or true hammer-fire.

Czed

Treehouser
What are your thoughts on the EZs? I don’t care for them myself. I prefer a striker-fire or true hammer-fire.
Grip doesn't suit me it's too vertical but they are accurate enough I ran the plate rack a few time'sthe trigger isn't near as good as the plus
Just feels odd kinda like one of the old smith t handle aluminum framed pistols 39/59 series

treesmith

Banned
Repost from above, just in case you missed it…

Kyle, if you can spare a few minutes out of your busy day, watch this and offer your perspective, please sir. It’s Illinois…your state. May or may not affect/impact you. I’m curious as to your thoughts.

Tree09

Treehouser
Finally got a moment to watch it, and this is a lovely example of not understanding something and then talking about it on YouTube and calling it news. Illinois isn't a gun friendly state, understandably when you have places like Chicago and St Louis with the associated gangs. Right or wrong, in illinois they do a background check on you and issue you what they call a foid card, which is needed to exercise your 2nd amendment here much like a driver's license is. What he's talking about is a round of foid compliance checks, which he takes 7 min to say is bad like nazis.

What he's completely clueless about is that they do this all the time, this isn't even remotely new. He's also clueless what that actually means in illinois, going with his opinions of the term rather than simply looking it up for himself. What is happening is that every so often the police decide to do a pseudo audit of violent offenders in the area and make sure they're doing their job and making sure they're following the law. So the neighbor down the road that got drunk and knocked his girlfriend's teeth out? Yup, he's gonna get a compliance check, and the police will try to talk to everyone they can to see if they feel safe. Often they simply have to fill out paperwork to transfer the guns to family members, but it's a way for police to make sure violent people are disarmed according to the law. Long story short the only people who get compliance checks are people who were known to own guns, were violent to the point where they can't own guns anymore, and were expected to still have guns despite knowing it's a crime.

treesmith

Banned
Stig, would you know a Nazi if you passed one in your stool?

kyle, I didn’t read in the constitution where the right to bear arms was reserved for those deemed “well-behaved” by society. If you commit a violent crime…murder, rape, etc…you should hang. Got caught with a baggie of dried herb in your possession? What is that to do with arms? At the very most, tell them they can’t carry one in public. To try to govern what a man can own within his own domicile for self-defense is flat out wrong. THAT is one of the main shortcomings of our justice system. We’ve tried to dangle “rights” as prizes in order to manipulate people into behaving as we’d like them to. Do something we’ve deemed “illegal”, we restrict your (according to the Constitution, God-given) right to own this or that.

I’m glad your okay with all that, Kyle. I’m sure your compliance is appreciated.

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I heard there are more guns owned by Americans than Americans.

Curious how many guns people have.

My friend has hundreds.

treesmith

Banned
Hundreds? Literally? I have a couple. Can’t imagine hundreds…

As to there being more guns than Americans is no surprise. It’s also proof positive that guns, in and of themselves, are NOT the problem.

treesmith

Banned
I hope to have a dozen one day. Of course, that’s no fear if you’re buying cheap junk. When you’re spending $2k+ per, it adds up!