Official Guns Thread

My local shop finally got a couple of hi power clones in IMG_20230408_092238941.jpg
Not impressed with either one the fit and finish are no where near as good as my fn hi power
These both rattle and have very heavy trigger pulls and the safety's are way to soft to engage and disengage
They might be reliable but I'm not interested for that price
Maybe at 350.00 I'd buy one.

I went up to the range last week with a friend of a friend. He shoots competitively for Norway in PRS competitions, he is also a former Sniper in the Norwegian Border force.

I wanted to make sure the rifles were zero’d to factory ammo. Had a problem with the .17hmr and we put it down to the brass. Gonna try a different brand to see if that helps.

Managed to get the 6.5x55 zero’d in and had a grouping of less than an inch at 100m. The other two shots are the .223 but I reckon they were flyers.

Either way, both in the kill zone and will do for now and when I do my large game test.

Second picture is the other guys spare competition gun. Zero’d at 100m and then hitting everything at 350 m.

A6B8F910-9F3D-4BC8-8BAE-917AD050642F.jpeg

AD0A3BF6-9A1E-4A34-9B16-4816E34497B6.jpeg

My local shop finally got a couple of hi power clones in View attachment 128558
Not impressed with either one the fit and finish are no where near as good as my fn hi power
These both rattle and have very heavy trigger pulls and the safety's are way to soft to engage and disengage
They might be reliable but I'm not interested for that price
Maybe at 350.00 I'd buy one.
An FN Hi-Power is a functional piece of art.

Ed

Took my CCW recert class today. Passed and added a third gun to my packing list. I probably should have added a forth. But thats ok. I might later. I really like that .32 H&R I got for Katy. Still hope for the Ruger LCR .327. They just really want too much money for it IMO. IF you can find one. And buy it fast enough.
Just waiting on my local LEO approval now.

Low and behold, I no sooner made that statement about the LCR in .327 with hammer, One popped up on Buds Guns. Down 100.00 from the last one I looked at a year ago. SOLD.
Now the shipping and wait period :P
I did not really need another gun. Truly.
But as I am getting older, I am leaning toward a lighter frame etc for carry.
And since I already have the SP101 in that caliber and load for it.....
NOW, all I would need (not really need but ya know :/: ) is the lever gun to match. :D

Yes I can, however I was quoted $200 postage for a single package of 100 cases!

I quite like the 44/40 round, I have a nice 1892 back home chambered in that cartrige. I also bought a 4 gauge muzzle loading shotgun because " there is no killing like over killing-".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524_205633_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230524_205633_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 7
That is the first time I have seen one of those Lee seat/loading devices in real life.How are you liking it? I have usually just bolted my press to a heavy plank and then held it down with C clamps to a suitable surface.
Really like it so far.

Some quirks...but very affordable.

We bought the Lee stand because I just didn't have a good extra surface! It's literally in the living room.

Is that with a rest? Nice shooting regardless.
Thank you. No that is standing unsupported.
Really like it so far.

Some quirks...but very affordable.

We bought the Lee stand because I just didn't have a good extra surface! It's literally in the living room.
Good idea! Keeping your reloading gear in the house is smart. Primers and powder dont like big tempreature variations.

Back