O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

It's a coalescing filter followed by a desiccant filter; not sure how I like it so far. The air appears to be quite dry, but the desiccant will be a maintenance item for sure. Perhaps I'll get a little toaster oven at the shop to dry it without having to haul it home.

A refrigerated dryer might be the long term answer, we'll see.

That sounds crazy. Our humidity gets down to 15-20% in the summer. We average 18" of rain on the valley floor

Haha we've had that much rain so far this year (in our personal gauge) We average ~55" a year in rainfall. To my memory, since 2007 our low rainfall was 22" and our high was 70 some odd inches. So far this year the temperature has been as high as 86* and as low as 8*.

We get more all around us, some places way over 100 inches, but I like our climate for the most part. If we could keep summer temps under 100 I'd be happier

We got lots of rain, frequently a little bit over a long time. 45" a year average, I think. Less than MS.

In the dead of winter, it seems to quite raining at sunset. If you want to do things in the dark and not raining, you're set.

This year seems dry. Drought conditions declared in WA in regards to snow pack being minimal.

Willie, how's your snowpack?

None:/ we had a few inches this week and a few times over the winter, hopefully enough to recharge the aquifers but the irrigation districts are going to have another short year I'd guess. We did end up with normal rainfall totals this year so the reservoirs are basically full but nothing to recharge them this spring

Jumping brands again..... Going to give the Echo CS355T a try. I've heard great things about this particular saw but time will tell. We have some big Ash removals scheduled for next week which will be a great test for it.

45ef289c3c97329404675f30974086ce.jpg

Let us know!! I've wondered how that saw is. The small echo saws seem to be bulletproof but lacking some power.

Again, if you open up the restrictor plate under the spark arrestor and retune, you'll probably love it. My pet peeve about the echo top handles is how easily the throw the chain when you back bar.

I'm a big fan of mine, I have not modded the muffler and retuned, yet. It did very well for me today in a 70' doug Fir removal, topped it with that little guy, didn't bury the bar, but came pretty close.

I'll probably have a real good idea of how well it works after Monday. I'll definitely post a quick review, although it's been a long time since I ran a 200 so I'll mostly be comparing it to the 192. I'm hoping it will blow the 192 out of the water.

My 355 blows my buddy's 192 out of the water, but his 192 is pretty old, so I'm not sure how much power its lost over the years.

Sean, Doug Fir's are pretty common here (I think they are native, but I have nothing to back that up), but the blight is hitting them pretty hard. This one was healthy, but was dropping sap all over their cars, had some real long and heavy lower branches over the cars, and shaded their house quite a lot(almost like living in a cave). Removing it really opened the place up.

I ask because a stock 192 is a turd, IMO. Although very loud, They are at least worthwhile muffler modded. Not as fast as a 200/201, but not a bad saw.

I was pretty impressed with the 355 today. Ours has the 16 inch bar on it and we can bury it in Ash and it doesn't even bog down. It definitely worth the money compared to the 192. I'm guessing we will put a 14", or even a 12" bar on it for pruning, but I kind of like the 16" for removals. Tomorrow is another big Ash so we will get to give it another go. So far I think this was a good purchase.

Back