O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I never tried manilla but climbing on synthetic 3 strand tended to suck, massive twisting of the rope below the hitch, though it seemed to lessen as the rope got more use.

udyze3aj.jpg

y5yju4ez.jpg

mobile...

Nick, how does that serve similarly to a hitchclimber pulley for DdRT?

I was experimenting a little with 5mm tech cord for my over-the-shoulder HH advancement, tied securely (fisherman's/ scaffold knots. I believe your tech cord/ tape loop is not load bearing) to serve as the clip-in point for my DdRT termination. I need to extend the knot away from the HH with a longer tech cord so that my working/ termination side is not affecting my hitch.

As a slack tender in a primary DRT climbing system, it wouldnt be a good choice. It isnt midline attachable, which is end of story for me.

I put it on my bridge. I was never a fan of a swivel in DRT climbing but I really like it for SRT. I was worried it would be to big but it is remarkably small. So far (1 climb) it seems like a good size. I like the multiple attachment points, if I need to set up my lanyard as a second small system, or double tie it should keep it all neat and orderly.

By not being midline attachable the Hydra solves the issue the the HitchClimber pulleys had with torsion and damage to the side plates. Its strong (28kn), light, and rope friendly all over. It seems at home on the bridge. The grommets hold a Petzl AMD perfectly.

I havent tried it as a lanyard adjuster but I imagine that the swivel action wouldnt hurt slack tending performance. The multiple attachments would come into play if you deployed the lanyard as a small DRT system.

The hydra looks smaller than I pictured.

I like a swivel for SRT and stationary for DRT too. I used to run a dmm axis swivel but when running it on it's side (stationary) it was wearing quickly from the friction of my bridge.

That hydra may need a product review video... hint hint

Brainfart.

I just realized that you said it isn't midline attachable. Great for a bridge but bummer for DRT.

6.7 rocket ship. :lol:

I just did the body swap today. Happy how it came out.

Fyi anyone with aluminum bodies. Wab makes a ali cleaner that will make your body look new!

39k, chassis only. Thats with chrome package, power group, power mirrors/heated, cd player, cruise control, diesel, 4x4, hitch plate, running boards, and some other odds and ends. Body would add another 6k if you you installed yourself, though i bought that last year and took it off another chassis.

I bought it in new hampshire, they delivered.

Im kitted out for a good long time now.

Back