O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Not wearing gloves is kinda insane. They're PPE.

Its not insane at all. What do your atlas gloves save you from? A scratch? The sun? They wont protect you from anything else at all. The safety factor between you with atlas gloves on, and me, barehanded, is about the same.

Its not insane at all. What do your atlas gloves save you from? A scratch? The sun? They wont protect you from anything else at all. The safety factor between you with atlas gloves on, and me, barehanded, is about the same.

I have to agree buckthorn, hawthorn, and locust don't care if you are wearing gloves or not. But, I still wear gloves usually the wonder glove type deals unless it's winter then it's the grey atlas gloves and when it is really cold I wear a liner under them.

Besides the sticky gloves giving me 10 times my gripping strength, they protect my hands.

Hardhat, eye protection and gloves = PPE.

I'm with MB...part of PPE. I think they improve efficiency which eventually translates into better overall safety...reduced fatigue equals better focus on tasks.

They definitely enhance grip effectiveness.

I don't wear gloves either, I can't stand them at all unless it's winter time. Personally gloves slow me down IMO. Hands get hot in summer, can't operate gear as efficiently. I avoid them as much as possible.

Disposable atlas gloves don't protect your hands Butch. They improve your grip, sure. But a disposable cloth glove offers you no protection from crushing, slicing, burning, etc. Other gloves offer those protections, but thinking that a 2 dollar pair of loose knit cloth gloves is doing something to protect you is a false sense of security. Plus, you admittedly don't wears chaps, so your PPE standard is flexible. Not trying to bust balls here, but we gotta keep it real when preaching PPE.

I don't knock a man that wears gloves of any variety though. They all have their place. My hands sweat in them and get pruned up. I wear them below 25 degrees.

Butch, relax. I just called it like it is. You cant act like anyone without gloves is dangerous yet admit you don't touch chaps. Whats fair is fair here. I have worn those Atlas gloves plenty of times and anything mean enough to damage your hand, will damage those gloves. Here's the proof. I was wearing a grey pair of size large atlas gloves.

Wearing gloves saves me from sap, abrasion, scratches and nasty(er) silky saw incidents...The number of times I've banged my hand with the silky I know it would have been far worse without gloves...
Ain't nothin' going to save your hands from a chainsaw...but they are PPE for a lower level of repeated scrapes and cuts...not the acute one posted above!

Also ditto the grip thing...sometimes I've been able to make a move just from the added friction/grip of a gloved flat hand on the side of a trunk where there was no branch within reach to grab.

Anyway imma girl and I can't have my hands lookin' all nasty like...8)

I got soft girl hands, I admit it.....but strong like man. :lol:
Working in a machine shop 6 to 7 days a week in cutting oil and coolant will do that to any hands.
But my wife loves it..... ;)

I rarely wear gloves. Never when climbing. Can't really "feel" the rope, better touch and sensitivity bare handed. Some may freak but I rarely wear gloves when running ropes anymore. Holler if you must but I do as big of trees as anyone here without issue

Back