O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Picked up a Maasdam Rope puller Repair Kit from Wesspur,~$37 versus ~$59 for a new one. The notches on the ratchet wheels were getting chipped and slipping. Didn't know repair kits were available until recently, right when I needed it, after 4 years.

New 200' treemaster hard-lay 3 strand, doesn't absorb as much water-weight, durable, cheap, and good in the rope puller.

New bigshot rubbers/ pouch, as I got the very last shot out of my old one before the breaking point in my last tree--what timing. Tell you what, face-screen for sure on those last couple shots.

Huskee 22ton splitter has been getting a workout. Likin' it.

Got my chipper paint touched-up. What a difference a little paint makes!

Enough buying stuff for a bit.:lol:

Different model, Nick. That's a simple come along, these guys are on about the endless rope puller Maasdam, I believe.

Few things I picked up this week, one tree related, one not so much lol. Can't wait to rock and roll with the new dump trailer, already got work lined up tomorrow to use it on8)

IMG_0314.jpg IMG_0310.jpg

Nice TV. Ashlys sister has one like it, pretty neat. They gave us the surround sound system that came free with it. lol

Our tv is like 19", no cable, just netflix.

good luck with the trailer!

You can use other ropes in a maasdam. I've used the heck out of hi vee in mine. I do believe 3 strand woukd be the safest bet.

I've used arbor plex in mine, but 3 strand is more secure. I think that the arbor plex may have slipped a little under high load, probably higher than the wwl of the rope. For the most part its fine, IMO.

Got my most recent order from TreeStuff.... Hopefully it will mean some foot relief and some interesting reading. I didnt get any free gloves this time, but I did get 13 ft of 1/2" Husky rigging line. Looks like I get to splice up a new dead eye sling.:)

2012-05-09_16-10-16_836.jpg

Prusiks.gif

I think I need a Prusik cord. If I need to pre-tension a rigging line with mechanical advantage, which Prusik cord should I order? Or are they all about the same?

My longer rigging line is 5/8 StableBraid. My shorter line is 7/16 HTP.

Some of the Prusiks are 5/16 and others are 3/8.

Anyone want to pick one for me?

The larger diameter will generally hold more weight as well as working more smoothly. Heck, for heavy rigging you can tie a prussic out of 1/2" climbing line or an old lanyard. Short length isn't critical on a rigging application so you can just use up the extra length with more wraps or braids.

I fused some Tenex to a rigging line by pulling too hard once. Maybe something with heat resistance would be good. We're not talking about huge leaps up in price.

Bought a brand new Rayco grinder today. We just bought a Morbark D52 it was a decent grinder but the mobility of it was awful. This machine is so much better. Made some money on the trade in so we were happy.

IMG_5630.jpg

View attachment 41532

I think I need a Prusik cord. If I need to pre-tension a rigging line with mechanical advantage, which Prusik cord should I order? Or are they all about the same?

My longer rigging line is 5/8 StableBraid. My shorter line is 7/16 HTP.

Some of the Prusiks are 5/16 and others are 3/8.

Anyone want to pick one for me?

I use Ultra Tech 5/16ths on 7/16ths and 1/2. Same cord 3/8ths on larger lines.

Back