O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Well.... depends on the model and you usually pay more for stuff than we do in the states :D
My Echo runs close to the one of the Stihl's in price and that costs close to 700.00 with tax in CA. Sooooooo

Right...that's what I thought, here they are $1300+...got to climb some more trees and harvest that money that grows there

The new ones with the 4 stroke engines are just such nice tools.
None of the feebleness that the old 2-stroke models suffered from.

If you buy one, make sure to get them to swap the bar and chain, so you get it with the new full chisel chain.
That REALLY makes a difference.

After 6 years I finally bought a decent cell phone. I picked up a Motorola Tundra this afternoon, hopefully it will last me a while. A bit bulkier than my old Nokia but purported to be quite durable. I promise not to drop it in a glass of water to test it out though. ;)

I dropped my cell phone and it bounced down a full flight of outdoor concrete steps recently. I picked it up and it read, "Is that your best shot?" Durable mofo.

Nope, and I reminded the AT&T guy about my vow 6 years ago to cancel my service if another text ever appeared on my phone.

I don't know Brian, a little social butterfly like you could spread his wings if he were to text:D

Retail here in the US on a HT130 is $520 the HT131 is $650. Not sure which model you were using.

Ha, you blokes get it easy.

HT131 - $1649, HT75 - $1379. http://www.sydneytools.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8239&cat=Stihl+Pole+Pruners

I'd probably get them for a $150 and a bit cheaper from my Stihl dealer, but if I needed one there's a couple of guys on ebay selling for around $1000 sometimes but only here [Sydney] pick up only.

Freight to Tas wouldn't work out saving anything much though.

Nope, and I reminded the AT&T guy about my vow 6 years ago to cancel my service if another text ever appeared on my phone.

The woman I'm seeing now likes to text. I think they all do Brian. I was like you, then I found it was the best way to keep in contact with my daughters. When she (the woman) wanted to contact me back after a few months she said she wasn't brave enough to call but she thought a text she could do. It's pretty time consuming, but I'm sitting around most evenings anyway. All this communicating, I don't know, it's a lot of work. As a side note she may be related to Andy!, if you know what I mean!

Top part or bottom part?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ahkj-TJWIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We went to the local marine supply store to look charts and stuff...I ended up leaving with a handline reel for my throwline AND the exact clip that Wesspur shows as a relase clip for the bigshot...just need a pole and I'll be SET!

Gary and Jaime both vote for bamboo :).

I rather like my pair of fiberglass 4 footers.

You'll maybe like to set it up like this for those biggies down in Taz.

Attachments

• Dscn0902.jpg
    Dscn0902.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Dscn0903.jpg
    Dscn0903.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Dscn0910.jpg
    Dscn0910.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Dscn0912.jpg
    Dscn0912.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
Ahhh...I see what you've done, I like that!
I see a return visit to the marine store for accessory cord...
What kind of poles do you have, I can't quite figure out what I'm supposed to order.

I have a pair of Jameson hollow fiberglass poles, one is a base unit with female ferrule, the other is an intermediate with male ferrule on one end and female on the other. The Big Shot head fits into the female ferrule. They are 4 feet long, gives a total pole length of 8 feet.

I also have a six foot base, so could make it 10 feet, only tried it a few times...I think one might need extra long bands on the BS to take advantage of that.

Back