O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Today is the first day with my new mini on the job. I am removing a nice rotten oak, should be fun. Hopefully I can give you guys a report later because I have been staying at my Gf's house and the internet sucks balls where she lives and is always dropping the signal.

Ok I am in love with the mini! The biggest pick was a 10' X 16" red oak log that was just at the tipping capacity of the machine so I had a buddy stand on the platform with me to pick it up so I could load it. The rake attachment for the BMG made clean up so much easier in the snow and the hand rake never left the truck.
I did get some pics but they are not that good kind of grainy.

I just picked up an '07 Boxer Brute wheeled machine. With the sweet BMG Dave just hooked me up with I am very happy in the work it saves. Best investment yet IMO.

Too bad you couldn't have picked up that second one that was for sale back when Willie pulled the trigger on it's mate...that was a great price.

Very true. I truly felt we were not ready for one yet. That is a tool that really needs to work enough to justify having it. Back then, true material handling would have required a much more stable piece of equipment than a mini in the terrain we mostly worked. As more tree climbing/removal/pruning work has taken a larger share of the business (as planned) in better terrain, now it is justifiable having one. More of our money had to be allocated towards rigging and rope access gear before handling the material it could access ;) Wraptor is now handled.... More saws purchased. Now money can be put back for a truck engine and mini :)

I understand completely...cart before the horse doesn't work out well :).

I'll keep my eyes open, Stephen...I'm nearer to a bigger market that you, might get lucky again.

Oh yeah Burnham, I use it like you are on the way to pick it up!

I had that other unit sold for half again the price if it hadn't been spoken for the very same day!

That was a sweet opportunity all the way around...so glad you were able to grab it.

In some ways I know I should have just bought them both from the getgo...:).

Enjoy, Rajan. There sure are some neat tricks to operating a mini. I'm very fortunate to observe the crane guy, and get yelled at by him when he doesn't like. :|: A great operator...super fast. Love the mini. No chipping, so the mini is indispensable.

So I bought a bunch of stuff in the last three weeks and I am really excited!

Large Portawrap and whoopie sling
CMI 3/4" Block w/ eye sling
150' New England Fly with two tight eyes
Black Kask Helmet w/ the dark visor
Petzl Mini Traxion (just to play with)

I priced everything out and even w/ Sherrill's 150% price guarantee, after you apply the 5% discount that Luke gives over at Treestuff.com, to their already lowest prices it beats the adjusted Sherrill price without having to email and wait for the price change.

On top of all that as you know I got new spurs for christmas so I have a mostly new personal kit!

Have you climbed with Fly before? I got one hank with one eye spliced eye. I really didn't like the rope feel or the eye splice. Nice purchase by the way. We just got our order from TreeStuff and I was going to post pis here but it's all at the office and I won't be back until next week.

Man, I buy all kinds of new gear all the time, then people come and pick it up, the ones that asked me to order for them. :|: I'm getting brownie points or something. All i ask is pay me before my credit card bill comes due. Anyway, at least I enjoy looking at the new goods for awhile, tearing open the cartons is fun, and it makes people happy. 8) One guy brings me sake. I did get a Masdam puller with the last load, so not completely celibate on getting new gear for myself once-in-awhile. Got to live....

Back