O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Eric,

I have and I also read some of the other negative reviews on it but I like it. Maybe its the familiar kernmantle build. The splice is a little bulky but it isn't a problem for me.

I made some of those conduit friction savers that Porkbrick showed in th FS thread, I used 1" metallic sealtight with ferrules on the end. the 1" was so the bulkier splice could fit. I will get pics of those up in that thread as soon as i have tested them out.

Does anyone else like the Fly?

I know several climbers who love Fly. Just like anything, personal preference. I like Poison Ivy, actually Bluemoon since I won't order from Sherrill any more. I find myself heading back towards thicker ropes these days.

Several small things. I just think there are better options now. I don't want to turn this into a Sherrill passing party so I will just leave it at that. I will say that they do alot of good sponsoring industry events but that's not enough anymore to make me support them.

Fair enough... I have always ordered from Wesspur or treestuff.. No reason on my part thats just how it fell i guess. Lately treestuff has won my business, they are really close to me (indianapolis >> ohio) and if i order at 7-8am items arrive the next day by 10:30 with normal free shipping. Plus the 5% adds up.

Wesspur and TreeStuff get 99% of our business these days. We recently ordered from TreeStuff and Kummerling on the same day. It took one day for TreeStuff order to arrive and 5 days for Kummerling 's order to arrive. Like I said, it's the little things that win the business. Wesspur and TreeStuff do all the little things right.

I love my Fly - I love how light it is. At first I hated it cuz it seemed to tangle on everything, but I got over that.

I like the weight!

The light weight is nice, but the thinness is harder for gripping for me, especially as the day wears on. Anything less than 11.7, like Poison Ivy is, doesn't really do it for me.

I always favor 1/2 line. I like PI and all for the higher climbs and will probably replace it with blue moon. But my 1/2 lines are always getting a work out. Much easier on my hands.

Cool :thumbup:

Most you guys probably would not get too excited about this kind of stuff, but a whole box of tree guard and a fid showed up in time for a cable job next week. :) They were all out of Mondo blades for my pole saw though :( Probably put that on my Baileys order.

Attachments

• P1190001.jpg
    P1190001.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 9
The light weight is nice, but the thinness is harder for gripping for me, especially as the day wears on. Anything less than 11.7, like Poison Ivy is, doesn't really do it for me.

I can climb on many different sized lines, but still prefer 1/2".

I am starting to use a larger line again. Poison Ivy or Imori. Seems to be kinder on the hands

I always favor 1/2 line. I like PI and all for the higher climbs and will probably replace it with blue moon. But my 1/2 lines are always getting a work out. Much easier on my hands.

I believe I recall expressing the exact same feelings many years ago after using skinny ropes for two years. Went back to Blue Streak and never looked back.

Last two years I've been using a Tachyon (11.5mm) and I really liked it. I recently replaced it with a Poison Hi-vi (11.7) and for the moment I still miss my old rope.
Maybe I just need some time to get used to it.

I borrowed a Stihl polesaw yesterday for a few cuts...I WANT one now...far more use for it over here than in tropical tree land...
WHat do they go for nowadays...I'm in the market.

Back