O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Do you mean just the length, or the ratio of length: height (slope/ taper of wedge)?

The higher the ratio the better.

The less height compared to length: the more lifting power per newton of force hitting the wedge. There is all sorts of loss, the wood, heat, the hinge, bounce, whats lifted, everything.

Forget all that.

If you had a wedge that was 1" high and 36" long (36), it would lift more weight with the same swing than a wedge 2" high and 24" long (12), or a wedge 3" high and 36" long (12).

You boys are beginning to sound like you're picking up on the wedgeing thing...saints be praised!

:)

Burnham,

The guy who taught me to cut always said the old ways were best. I rarely use a rope unless necessary, almost always relying on wedges alone. In my avatar I am wedging over a big cherry, It was tall and leaning opposite of the lay but it went over with just wedges.

Oh, I thought that was a hung-up tree.;)

You'd never catch a logger looking away from a falling tree.
Surefire way to get hit by falling debris.

I was muggin for the cam Stig!! :) It was already way committed and the tip was way out from above me, the only thing falling on me then was rain :)

Besides, if i had my back turned how would you be able to see my vanity?

Tree Times small.jpg

Well I guess compared to the tree that Stigs apprentice Martin cut the other day, using the 088, it is pretty small. I wasnt calling it big in comparison to any tree, just the other cherry trees I normally work with.

I can take my licks though :)

Still a nice photo though!

Back