O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Bermie, why not just use your climbing line as a flip line till you get high enough to use your flip line?

Well, yes, I tried it but I'm new to big 'ole pines and found it very tedious to try and flip the rope with it getting stuck on the bark, my spikes kept slipping a bit too...I wasn't feeling it so I put it on the back burner until my big shot gets here and I can set a high line.
Its only for one broken branch that isn't going anywhere in a hurry, so it can wait!

Pretty excited here, finally sprang for some upgrades to the stereo system in my car. Got a new deck thats iPOD/iPhone compatiable, and a new set of speakers for the front. Everything is Alpine, which a lot of guys consider to be top of the line for this stuff. Sounds soooo much better already compared to the stock system. Next step is to upgrade the rear speakers, and after that, an amp and a sub woofer or two to finish it off. Been wanting to do this for awhile, just haven't had the extra cash too.

Yeah man, I don't run it crazy loud or anything. Besides the occasional awesome song, I really only turn it up when we're chilling somewhere and everyones out of the car.

Yah, the mobile party! I spent a few summers spending my days off in a camper van by the river. It had the big system, three amps, two sets of separates, two sets of 6x9's, and two subs. I had a generator to power it for when I wasn't drivng lol.

I slapped a cheap system in a bucket truck I was driving: it was cool. Nothing fancy, just above average sounds coming from a company truck. I removed it when I quit them.

Looky what I got yesterday...
Only the BEST no spill combi can ever! (and two pairs of log tongs...)

Attachments

• IMGP6835.JPG
    IMGP6835.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 8
I love those.
Did you get someone to send it to you from the civilized world or did you buy it down under?

I bought it down under, there is an Aussie based company called New Age Arbor that has some decent prices on some things...taking postage into consideration its worth the price to source here...SOME things!
The combi can was $81AUD and the tongs were $62...tongs a little pricey but sometimes the lure of instant gratification overwhelms one...:) (3 day delivery!!)

Tongs, is that like these?
bæretang.jpg

Also you didn't do too bad on the Combi can.

When you bemoaned the fact that they were so expensive, I thought about offering to ship one down.

Glad I didn't, it costs $74 AUD here. With shipping it would have been WAY over what you paid.

If you need a replacement pouring tip, let me know. I can probably ship that as a letter.

Just fine, for a busted down old forester...my hip is acting up these days...about got myself convinced to start getting serious about a replacement.

How about yourself, Rajan?

I think replacement would be a good thing for you, but I know it is a big decision. You have my support as well as the rest of the house I am sure.
My day is a giant pile of steaming dog shit. I have to replace the hydro pump on the chipper. The upside is that it wrecks the rest of my week but I still need to get trees on the ground so when it is running she will be going full bore for a day.
On a brighter note my new mini should be here the first week in January or so.

Back