O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

That's standard at all tire shops up here, the rotation and balancing, flats too. Tires are super expensive up here though. Mounted, balanced, taxed, I'm out the door around $1300 on a set for my plow truck.

Wow! There better be someone out there warming the truck up and scraping the ice off in the morning for that price.

Full set for the F 350 runs me about a grand last time.. Probably went up. Same with Katy's van which is due prior to ski season and after it gets back from the body shop..

Last set of tires I put on my pickup was about $1250 all in. but thats for name brand high end tires, I think I could probably get smaller, no name brand tires done for around $800, maybe. I hit the local camping gear shop today and picked up a Petzl headlamp, been working later and having a hard time seeing at dusk. Petzl Tikka XP2
Wife is going to be ticked that I bought myself something close to Christmas lol, I always seem to.

Attachments

• IMAG1979.jpg
    IMAG1979.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG1980.jpg
    IMAG1980.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 4
Tire's are nuts.

I never bought tires for a truck. The Toyota is rocking hand me down tires from Ashlys dad. The Ford is rocking the same two fronts it had when I bought it, and the four rears I traded some tree work for. The mini loader however has gone through about 5-6 sets of tires, and my motocross bike I can't even keep count. Those are $100/ tire too. It's wack!

I think mine are 265/85 R16
Biggest tire I had on a car was 295/65 R16 on my Camaro many years ago, yet again, expensive tires.

This lil fella showed up about the same time as my cabling supplies... New Egg had a one per customer sale and I think I got it for about $79.00 :D
Oopps no $69.00

Attachments

• PB220002.jpg
    PB220002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
So what all did you do Andrew?

Tires for One!! And steering tires for this thing were $400/ tire! All in all, the truck has cost us almost 20K. It's a 74 Mack, with an 84 glider body, a brand new 350 cummins big bore (only 10,000 miles), and a Hood loader w/ a 46" grapple. I forget what the loader model is, but it'll toss a 8000lb log without too much effort. The truck was a tri-axle being used by my partner Chris' brother in PA. They just used it to haul timber from where they were harvesting to where the trailers could get to and loading the trucks there, so it was pretty beat up. We chopped the third axle off, reset the log bunks, rewired the whole truck pretty much, repacked all the cylinders on the boom, replaced almost all the hoses, hooked the front bumper to chris' truck, heated it, and bent it back out. Wire brushed pretty much the whole truck, and painted it.

Here's a link to some other photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.519312373545.2018111.186400401&type=1&l=9a3e2b6758

And there is still more that we are ironing out as they come up. It's an antique though technically, so we get grandfathered in on some helpful things. Like front brakes! :lol:

met up with the distributor of Silky saws in Canada today, sadly I dont get to keep most of this order ;)

Attachments

• IMAG2019.jpg
    IMAG2019.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3
Cool Dave, if you do need a few blades etc, let me know, if the Canuck buck sucks vs the US, my prices can be pretty competitive.

10' wire core flipline and spikes arrived....flipline was too short for the tree I need to get up...home made bow and arrow has found its limit, around 50', tie in is at least 60'...and no room to swing a throwbag. Big Shot head is in the container which isn't due here till Christmas...shoulda bought a longer flipline...

Finally pulled the trigger and got an iPhone 4S yesterday. Been waiting for my contract to expire so I could upgrade. Lovin it so far. First smartphone I've had, having tons of fun with it

I ordered up some Arbor wear last night. Some winter stuff, double thick hoodie, couple Chamois (sp) shirts Stig suggests, and a couple lightweight discontinued button downs for summer. Had to get a new no spill today too, somehow the oldie got a hole in it.

Back