O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I hear ya on that one Burnham! I have no desire to use a friction hitch on my safety lanyard anymore.

Soo I've been cutting 40" wood with a ms361 and a 20" bar lately. My 460 has been giving me fits, so finally I ordered a new carb and fuel line today.

I had remembered a guy who stopped at my jobsite a month back. Going out of business, him and his son did it on the side.

I picked up a practically new MS660 with a 36" bar, and the same condition m460 with a 25" bar for $1350. 800 for the 660, 550 for the 460. I'm pretty pumped.

I really only wanted the 660. But I hemmed and hawed, didn't want to spend the money on either. Asked him what else he has while I was there and he showed me the 460. In just as good as shape. I'm good for saws for a while, although I'd like to get a 3/4 wrap on the 361.

Picked up a Trango Cinch the other day and the little ISC biner to hook it up with. Used it today for the first time and it seems like a real nice unit. Very compact. Also got a Wingman saddle bag a couple weeks back from Sherril. The Wingman is a great bag. Maybe a touch on the big size, but overall a really nice addition to a saddle. No pics seeing as I am technologically challenged.

Good deal, Brendon. You'll be set for ground saws for quite a while now.

Welcome to the forum, Oscar. You'll figure out the picture thing eventually. Or if it's easier just host your pictures at Photobucket or Flickr and hotlink them from there.

I ordered The working climber video series III P1,P2 a gri-gri and a saw lanyard. I can't wait until they get here.

Been ordering some stuff... Couple of throw line cubes... Cones.... Just stuff.... Scored a Stihl HS 85 with a 40" scythe.. Should be good for a creek bed coming up :)

Most manufacturers recommend cinching down the cylinder bolts after about ten hours of use. Most folks probably never do it. You know the heat expanding the metal against the factory torque. You can usually get at least a squeak or two. Not that the cylinder base would leak if you didn't do it, but it can't hurt. Do you have a set of long Alan wrenches to get to the bolts? Probably useful to have around for other things too, but you would need metric for the saws I guess..

Back