O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Got my Study Guide and Pinto Pulley in today from TreeStuff. I'm pretty much set now book wise for studying for the CA exam, the guide + all of Dad's books. My goal is to take it the first or second week of June, so that gives me a little over a month to study up!

Study hard. If you know the study guide inside out you will pass. Not with a hundred percent but enough to pass

Butterfly festival means lots of sales in town. SO I scored a couple of goodies :D

Lilly got a new bed frame.
I got a nice outdoor burner set up..
Rob got a nice scale for his baking and some candle making.
I think my out door burner is also going to be melting some wax from time to time .... :/:

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 4
In the last week I bought a Stihl HT131 (Extending Power Pruner), Motorola Xoom (Tablet), and upgraded my phone from a Milestone to a Galaxy S.

The power pruner is invaluable for storm work for sure. Hopefully the Xoom will become a useful marketing tool, and the Galaxy S has way better voice quality according to those I've talked to (Pun). The Milestone sucked in that regard.

Cool LJ. I have been on an Ebay binge the last few weeks. ordered up another Camelbak rig and some surplus goretex outerwear today. I think I am done for a spell.

I just placed another Wesspur order today. Nothing exciting but it adds up fast.
A new 1/2" rope, a few steel rigging carabiners, pole saw blades, etc. and I was at $400 before I knew it.

I also hit Sam's Club earlier and the most important item I bought there was a 2.5" memory foam mattress pad. I have a very nice mattress but it's too firm and I wake up with pinched nerves every morning in my arms and legs. Hopefully the foam pad will help reduce the pressure points.

Skwerl, my wifey brought home one of those mattresses a few months back, took about uhm, 8 minutes to get used to the feel of it, after that, its GREAT. Made a huge difference for me in the joints and such as I tend to not move much overnight, I think it was money well spent.

ps, I have been going a little spend happy on Ebay the last couple weeks, a friend from here is letting me get the stuff shipped his way and offered to bring it to a meeting place later this month. Saving me a bunch of shipping, duty and hassle getting stuff in to Canada from the US. Let me just say I have searched the heck out of the terms "BDU" and "surplus' :D

My back bothered me until I got a super firm mattress and then slapped a sheet of plywood under it. Back pain gone! :rockon:

I've been waking up with some numbness in my arm and elbow, wonder if that would help me? I sleep on a relatively thin mat on a straw mat floor, it's pretty hard.

Then it doesn't sound like sleeping on a firm surface is the cure.

Do you sleep on your belly? That's a hand/arm number, for sure.

Back