O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Scott is going to appreciate that!
I bought some new bars and chains for the 200's, box of new raker files, some new gas cans and a few other doo dads today at our annual saw dust days sale

Starting to sound like my month in this thread... Ebay and on line purchases. 40mm rings for the Stihls, air filters for the Stihls, Rings and buttons for the Sthils, gasket set for the F 134 Willy's engine, tranny brake and locking diff cables for the DR, fuel line kit for the Echo 311U, repair manual for the Willy's and flywheel fans for the Kawasaki F500Vs:|:
Oh and I finally got my pole saw back in one piece :roll:

Back in the day I always used to run 135 weedeater line. I guess it's stronger these days so the smaller line holds up better?

The diamond line works pretty slick. pretty tough and will cut pencil size poison oak or live oak growth a tad smaller. I use tap heads so the largest line I can use successfully is 105. Tap heads increase my production in the field by at least 30 percent. Costs me more for the heads and line, but I can off set the cost with more production. Get in, get out and get on with it. 095 also gives me a prettier cut and cuts green grass better. smaller edge = more efficient cut.

.095 line on my machines. On the purchase front, I took ownership of a 4 part US surplus sleep system including a goretex bivy. :D For under a 100 bones. Amongst other things today. I talked to a member here that is helping me out with being a drop shipment location for my goods, I let him know I am basically kitted out for a combat tour now except the high powered weapon LOL

hahaha, its a drive through border, I figure its all camping gear ;) I will be going down pretty empty handed and coming back with a bunch of 'dirty' used clothing, better make sure I sit next to the fire and get the stuff good and smoky

I run .095" in the trimmer and the tap head for the FS250 and .130" on the Polycut head. Can't run as big a diameter with the thicker line, but it holds up better in rough going.

Got home with this yesterday, Morbark 2400 w/ 186hp JD.

f48e10a3.jpg

Granted the newer machines have a wider throat, but this one is still pretty sizeable!
dfe4ce3c.jpg

Called Morbark to get a price on a new axle, they want $2155+ shipping. I :lol:ed a bit, then said that's not happening. For ~$1k I can get tandem 7klb drop axles and move them back for more tongue weight (surprisingly light) and so I can haul the mini in the (to be reinforced) in feed chute. I'll still have to buy tires/wheels, but being able to haul the mini should be well worth it.

For now I'm just running it. It held up to 75mph sustained on the way back from VA. The torsion axle is worn out, causing the tires to have negative camber which will cause the tires to wear out sooner, but it can corner better. :lol:

All those big chippers on single torsion axles are a lousy setup. Way too expensive and unable to handle the weight, tires get real expensive buying them every year.

Especially when it's towed behind a crew cab F250 and the F550 is towing the gooseneck with the stump grinder and wheel loader!

Ok, I know it's not "gear", but I want to show it off anyway.

In case you don't know, Bob Stoops is the Football coach for the University of Oklahoma.

I took the Athletic Director, Basketball coach, Golf coach, Football coach, and staff members to Tulsa to play golf on Tuesday. Since it wasn't during the football season I was able to get this.

During the season, it's strictly business. No exceptions.

Attachments

• Football.jpg
    Football.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
Back