O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

The next version will have a camera in it. Then i will buy one. Right now i use a iphone to tack notes and pic's of the job i'm quoting. The ipad is just like a net book. And so much more.
You can't go wrong with one.

Yep, basically a giant iPOD touch, but so much more. It can use a version of iWork, which is Apple's version of Microsoft Office(Word, PowerPoint, etc). Has an e-Book reader App and the pages are nice and crisp. So many apps available for it.

I'm tempted to wait for the next version, but I really have no need for the camera. Getting the iPad to fill my niche between my laptop and my normal flip cell phone.(Also because of its cool factor8))

I finally splurged on some new speakers for my computer. My old speakers were a set I bought with my second ever computer about 6-7 years ago for less than $20. One of the plugs had a loose connection so you had to wiggle it to get the second speaker to work. So I went to Staples and was shopping blind since I had nothing to go on other than the price and the picture on the box. I spent just over $50 and these speakers kick ass compared to my old set. I Googled the model number and the first result was this very positive review.

cyber-acoustics-ca-3602.1671543.jpg

Nice speakers Skwerl.

Hey Darin, so far my iPAD is working out great. I had an excellent buying experience at the new Apple store(might have to do with the person who worked with me the whole time was a nice looking chick my age:D). But really, I think buying from any Apple store you get a one of a kind experience, and it's a great one. Add to the fact that their help lines are staffed by americans(and not someone from India like at say HP) their customer service is top notch.

Sorry to derail the thread here. I'll try and start up a new one with a review of the iPAD for those interested.

I am pretty pumped up to post my first pic on this thread. It is a Jonsered 2152 with an 18" bar. It replaces our old Sthil MS210 and 029. It is my first Jonsered. So far, so good.

Attachments

• 0831100814d.jpg
    0831100814d.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 0831100814a.jpg
    0831100814a.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 0831100814b.jpg
    0831100814b.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 0831100814c.jpg
    0831100814c.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 8
I like the looks of that...my cousins in S. GA have an old Jonsered, got it for $50 at a yard sale...they love it...about that size, too.

The 2152 is the twin of the Husky 353, which is very similar to the Husky 346xp. I think the jug and piston are a little different. Nice light saw and hopefully it gives you years of reliable service.

Knock on wood about the years of service. I am sooooo happy that I dont have to climb with that stinking 029 on my saddle any more. This one is way lighter.

What's the cc on that Jonesy? Nice looking saw. Like those clips for popping the cover, a page from Husky or vice versa. Carb pumps....I dunno...one extra step.

Travis, maybe once things slow down a bit.... I like coffee and beer equally so you can decide.

cc on the Jonserd is 52. So far that thing is working out pretty well. We have cut down several boxelders and elms with it and it has done great.

Does anyone know what the numbers are on the bar mount cover? You can barely make out something on the pics, but maybe some one has them on their saws. It looks like it has something to do with sighting the felling cut. I think the numbers are 5, 10, and 15.... maybe.

Anders, my former apprentice, is going to be working with me during this winters logging.
He needs a felling saw, but has no money right now.
So I sold him my spare 660, relegated my 660 felling saw to being the new spare saw and splurged on a new one.
I swear, nothing perks a treefaller, who has been stuck in creeks and ditches all summer, up better than a new saw:D:D:D P9030001.JPG P9030002.JPG

BTW Butch, once you get used to it being different, the new picture opload system sure ROCKS!!!

Nice saw Stig. You must be going after some 10 footers with a bar like that!

:thumbup:

Pretty bar!!!

Ever try those GB titanium bars, Butch.
Last longer than any other bar, I've tried.

The last batch we got seems to have a tendency to loose the tip sprockets before the bar is worn ½ way through.So I'm not so satisfied a with them any more.

Bailey's just had a closeout sale on Carlton bars. I bought 10 24" and 20 18", that should hold me for a while:)
They are floating around in the Atlantic ocean right now, along with about a ton of other gear. Be fun when it get's here.

I ran the GB Titanium bars for several years, still have a couple. They aren't available here in the US any more. I scooped up some leftovers I found last year but haven't seen them available anywhere this year.

Back