O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Hey Arbor, if you are serious about getting an f550 there seems to be some kick ass deals in Florida right now. I am still waiting to find the problem with mine, "how did i get this truck for $10K???" kinda feeling. My wife said the outfit we got mine from had a 2004 F550 with dump body that was stolen and recovered, theives had removed steering column which has been replaced, truck has 7000 miles, yup 7K, $16K:\: Who knows maybe the recession down there will get worse and there will be even better deals to be had but I hope not for Skwerls sake. FWIW my 2003 F550 has the 7.3 where the 2004 went to the ford 6.0 which people had problems with.......

Prices have dropped big time Paul, I wouldn't worry that there's something wrong with it. Around here, a nice 1995-97 F350 (the nicest body style) with the 7.3 used to bring from $12-16k with under 100k miles. Now I see them for $8-10k. I paid $15k for my '99 with 89k miles 3 years ago. Around that time it was a steal as it was babied, I was looking at clapped out similar trucks for $13-18k

I hear you on the deals to be had, even the new trucks are getting priced real low. I wouldn't lose sleep over the potential problem you might have, Paul. You got a hella deal, most thing I have heard of problems with the 7.3 is the crank sensor going out, its under a hundred bones and is easy to replace.

Now if I can unload a nice big chip truck on someone, I can get me 4x4.

The cam sensor, Ford just re-did it, only $25 now and covered under a recall. The new ones are giving problems already too, ""On some trucks, it increases to the point of causing the engine to fail the CCT, typically at the #3 and #8 cylinders..""" Ford is redesigning it right now, keep one in the glove box, they go randomly.

PM me if you have any questions about the rigs engine ever, I keep up on all the reading.

Here's a link to the recall.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1187

Get the hell out of here. I just like to inform people on things that would drive them crazy and spend money fixing. :)

Like the day my truck wouldnt start. Ford's fuel bowl heater shorts out and blows a #30 fuse under the dash (another common problem), won't let the engine start. A quick run upstairs onto the forum, unplug the FBH, replace the fuse, and off to work I went.

I just got this block in the mail today. It feels really well made. I definitely like it better than the comparable Springlock blocks. It's lighter, more compact, and way cooler looking while still retaining the same rope size and strength specs. I haven't used it yet, but for now it's recommended.

Attachments

• IMGP3006.JPG
    IMGP3006.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 10
Heck, I have a brand new bullrope I bought last summer and I don't think I've even used it yet. I noticed it today because it was falling out of the bag and it looked so bright and shiny.

Nice looking block. Wish I had a use for one, I might buy one.

It was around $160, which is a few dollars cheaper than the comparable Springlock block, if I remember correctly.

Nice block Leon... Something to keep in my mind for a near future purchase....
Picked up the new saw today :D
Swapped the 24 bar for an 18 for the brushing we were doing and it was a cutting fool... She used it one time and felt it was too much saw for her. Came with a brand new extra 24" chain and files. Always love running a new saw :D

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 11
Back