O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm used to the half wraps. And the full wrap won't fit in the toolbox without removing at least 3 other saws. And my screnches won't fit on the bar nuts under the handle, I would need to carry one of those crappy 'shorty' screnches just for the one saw. And it would get in the way on stump cuts. The only reason I bought the saw was for cutting big wood- including stump cuts.

So what are the advantages of the full wrap handle again? I want to make an honest evaluation of the plusses and minuses. Since I don't log on mountainsides I cannot think of a single plus. ;)

Willie, it's my old gate hardware and some other scrap from when I built the deck and new fence gates last month. Seems I always lose interest in a project just as it's time to clean up the trash. :lol:

Just cause i know it bothers the Boss..(Ha Ha) it seems i can swing a ht75 out of a bucket all day, so why not up the size a little.. I started it a few times, just to see if i was imagining how great it sounds..ill get it up in the air tommorow and let you know how it performs..

Attachments

• ht 131 010.jpg
    ht 131 010.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 104
  • ht 131 011.jpg
    ht 131 011.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 105
  • ht 131 015.jpg
    ht 131 015.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 102
So what are the advantages of the full wrap handle again? I want to make an honest evaluation of the plusses and minuses. Since I don't log on mountainsides I cannot think of a single plus. ;)

The full wrap lets you backchain when you shouldn't :/: thus spraying sawdust instead of wearing it. For me the full wrap is also a 'excuse' not to cut down into the frigging dirt like everyone wants when doing the alap cut. Also the short wrenches rule.8)

The full wrap lets you backchain when you shouldn't :/: thus spraying sawdust instead of wearing it. For me the full wrap is also a 'excuse' not to cut down into the frigging dirt like everyone wants when doing the alap cut. Also the short wrenches rule.8)

You rock squish.

I've never seen a better vacuum than the Filter Queen.

pic-triplecr.jpg

Hey, maybe we should start a thread...

Got a new computer yesterday. Again. I dropped my laptop at starbucks yesterday and it was pooched. Got a good deal on the new one though and their techs are going to try and retrieve my data off the old hard drive.

Yeah, sorry,,, It wasn't that big on the home page... But still cool.

I went to the machinery auction today!

I was outbid on a 2000 International with a 52' Teco Saturn lift, but I picked up a 1997 F-800 Flatbed and a Dosko Root Pruner. :|:

Attachments

• HPIM0639.JPG
    HPIM0639.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0640.JPG
    HPIM0640.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0641.JPG
    HPIM0641.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0642.JPG
    HPIM0642.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0643.JPG
    HPIM0643.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0644.JPG
    HPIM0644.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 5
My plan is to take the forestry body and tool boxes off of my current 1995 F-700 (w/ 7.0L gas engine, manual trans, and hydraulic brakes) and put it on this newer chassis. It's a 1997 F-800, 5.9L diesel, automatic trans and air brakes with only 10,600 miles.

As for the root pruner, we get a few calls a month and I usually just refer them to the stump guy. Root pruning is fairly profitable.

So... who wants to buy a '95 F-700 cab and chassis?

Allison auto and air brakes? sounds like a great truck, Brett. And to find one that old with that low of mileage is fantastic! Your biggest problem will be dry rot on the rubber stuff due to sitting unused. Congrats!
:thumbup:

Back