O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

saw

got a new 361 with 25in hard nose. she is pretty :D

Attachments

• DSC02541.JPG
    DSC02541.JPG
    661.5 KB · Views: 11
I'm hearing good things on the 361. Why the hard tip bar? Roller tips are quite durable these days and don't rob as much power.

I mentioned last week that I bought a new cant hook. Well, I called LogRite to ask them about my old, bent one. Let me tell you, Kevin and Tammy from LogRite are two of the kindest, nicest people you'd ever want to deal with. Kevin gave me a great price on a 'scratched' cant hook handle, I just removed the hook from the old one and put it on the new handle. I also bought a new set of skidding tongs so I can 'skid' logs with my boom winch. ;)

Several of the arborist supply houses are selling LogRite tools now, or you can buy from them directly at www.logrite.com .

Nice when vendors really take the extra effort Skwerl. Or.....they were terrified of you :P:)

Brian, I've heard that there is a difference between skidding tongs and lifting tongs and you should never lift with skidding tongs. Not sure what the difference is, but be careful.

the angle of the "spikes" is the difference. also i beleive lifting tongs have to be certified or some such

Had to buy a new climb line today, someone managed to cut it on a job I wasn't make a dollar on already.

150' Velocity Cool

I used to like buying shit, now I'm over it.

Well get over getting over it then and be happy for the new line.:D

One job to lose or not do well on is nothing to get upset about man.

Oh, I'm not upset about the job, happy as pig in shit it's done. I have been putting it off for a while now...yesterday was a good day though...finished that, fixed a gutter, and dropped a spar a landscaper started to cut, wish I had the camera for the 2 cut he put in. $100 and 10 minutes I was out of there. I'm just trying to save $ now, so I didn't want to part.:)

At the trade show I bought a new Ecrin, Bfly, the "new" Art RG, 2 180' Zing it's, 2 throw bags, and a 200' piece of Lava with a tight eye, and 100' of beeline...

:)

I called Sherrill today to order a TreeMotion and it was out of stock. So now I am on the backorder list and they should have a shipment in on September 6th. I am looking forward to using it.

At the trade show I bought a new Ecrin, Bfly, the "new" Art RG, 2 180' Zing it's, 2 throw bags, and a 200' piece of Lava with a tight eye, and 100' of beeline...

:)

Which rope guide did you get? Let's see some pics!

I have one of your throwbags from a couple years ago. I'm not giving it back, though! :P

StufffromSherrill.jpg

Nice looking splice/whipping from Sherrill. I was sure glad, Octavious said Tachyon was a bitch to splice.

DSC05032.jpg

Back