O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Yup I was basically re-iterating what you had said. I don't regret buying my dump trailer not in the least. It's invaluable for transporting the mini(now mini/grinder) and also for loading out bigger wood.

I got a 12' which has worked well for me so far I don't often need huge wood hauling capacity and I only use it for transporting the mini or hauling the larger wood that I can't chip.

I'd go with a bigger, especially if you have a manual and a diesel to tow it with. You don't have to top it out, but it's sure a pain to try to make it longer.

My 16'er is tits, maybe 18' but that's probably as big as I would go for a tag trailer. It can haul vehicles, mountains of chips, or a serious amount of wood, AND it dumps!

DSC05037.jpg

Haha, your loving that thing. Did you dump that POS out, or drive it off? :)

We do have wicked hills, I think max I'll go is 14', even that sounds a little big. I got a year to sleep on it, unless I hit the lotto in the meantime.

Can you load over the side with the mini?

It's still there, going to back it out and go for a spin in the lake bed before I go make some money to buy another :). I dumped the brown truck out, but it sits well higher and I didn't have to worry about it snagging on the edge.

Found an 89 (one year newer than that one) but it's 4x4. It has a 350/700R4/208, which means I wouldn't have to swap tail housings and output shafts, I could just swap out the whole works to replace my busted tranny.

Fixing to call him while I scramble some eggs for breakfast, see if I can get him down a couple hundred bucks, it'll be more "free" parts! :)

Sounds like a hell of a project. Better you than me, I can't stand old grease, I had 3 old chevys like that and I've worn my fair share from them. Enough that I hate working on trucks nowadays.

Yanking parts is easy, it's getting them back in that requires finess.

I'm just trying to spend a little time to get paid to have the parts I need/want. I mean worse case, I've made money.

Yanking parts is easy, it's getting them back in that requires finess.

I am trying to decide what to do with this...I have a 1949 International that I restored...only took 3 months to get it all the way yanked down...took 3 YEARS to get it back together.

This is a 1945 IHC..it was only $200..I guess that is the compulsive part of it...I couldn't NOT get it. It is like a big brother for the one I have already restored. don't know whether to use it for parts or to try to get it running. I spent most of a day pressure washing it.

The 1949 is last (duh!!!) (that is my son with his Prom date about 5 years ago)

Attachments

• IMG_6845 (2).JPG
    IMG_6845 (2).JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6847 (2).JPG
    IMG_6847 (2).JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7206 (2).JPG
    IMG_7206 (2).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7224 (2).JPG
    IMG_7224 (2).JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7228 (2).JPG
    IMG_7228 (2).JPG
    200 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2455resized (2).jpg
    IMG_2455resized (2).jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 63
Until I had access to our warehouse at work I couldn't get anything does efficiently on the restoration...spent too much time scratching through dirt and leaves for stuff I dropped...shade tree stuff is tough.

New saddle came in yesterday! I already spent a couple hours in it doing some cabling. It is very light compared the versatile, I hardly even knew i was wearing it at times. There are a ton of adjustments and I need to get them dialed in a little bit better. So far it his met my expectations.

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm going shopping next week. I need some shit in a big way. Want to start another crew and don't have enough gear so.....

I stopped at my Stihl dealer today to pick up a couple new 200T gas caps (ethanol fuel makes the gaskets swell, then they won't close). The 2 caps were $14 and change, and the new HT101 pole pruner was $606 with tax. I don't need the pruner very often but it was there and my credit card just made a flying leap out of my pocket. :|:

Back