O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Why the need to qualify the purchase with the "(for worker; he's learning)"
thing? :?

Because I already bought the geckos & thought it would look a little odd. Also not 100% if their Kleins; I wasn't the one to actually "buy" them although it was my credit card that was used.

And a few minutes later, first self made eye splice.:D

TenexSplice.jpg

Rain day.

Gave a shot at a loopie. Came out nice. Used my purchased one for referances. The little "nipples" (for lack of correct terms) gave me grief. Didn't leave enough rope to pull through, now I know for next time.

Also made another eye, came out better than the first. Found some Whipping I was sent from Sherrill from Ultra Tech a while back and whipped everything with that.

Not too shabby looking! Those nipples are called back splices. I like mine a little longer than what you have shown there, but I think that is a personal preference thing.

You'll like the locked brummell when lj gets the chance to show you.

Longer, smoother tapers are stronger...don't forget.

Where did you find that tenex?

love
nick

Now its got my name on it, i can post it here!!

We got blown off the hedge job so i hid behind a big building and helped install an air conditioner, same rate as the hedge but no staff, im gunna love this new toy!

The 4WD to pull it isent to bad, it could move the chipper to if needed.

cool derek, i hired out my bucket the other day so a guy could put up some communications equipment. very little wear and tear on the truck and same money as trees. its nice to have options!

Got my Howard Leight/Bilsom hearing protection sample selection today. What a a very nice assemblage of hearing protectors! Thanks for the tip Andy!

Cool Derek.

I was asked by a high school friend of mine who has one of those wireless internet companies how much to hire my bucket and I told him
$90/hr which I thought was pretty cheap. He went and bought his own rig one of those telephone company/cable TV repair trucks.

Now its got my name on it, i can post it here!!

We got blown off the hedge job so i hid behind a big building and helped install an air conditioner, same rate as the hedge but no staff, im gunna love this new toy!

The 4WD to pull it isent to bad, it could move the chipper to if needed.

Looking good Derek, it will open the door for a lot of other avenue's for income. :thumbup:

Rain day.

Gave a shot at a loopie. Came out nice. Used my purchased one for referances. The little "nipples" (for lack of correct terms) gave me grief. Didn't leave enough rope to pull through, now I know for next time.

Also made another eye, came out better than the first. Found some Whipping I was sent from Sherrill from Ultra Tech a while back and whipped everything with that.

Looking good Oreo!

You can whip with zing it also, fwiw.

One downside on Genie lifts is the paint, the sun fades/oxidizes it pretty heavy.

Back