O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

The avant winch looks nice. How many different attachments do you have for it and is it difficult to store/carry them all to the job site?

Nice. Looks like it's very fast.
I can can run it at double that speed, but that’s a bit dangerous.
Its no forestry machine for sure.
The avant winch looks nice. How many different attachments do you have for it and is it difficult to store/carry them all to the job site?
Therein lies the rub, the great thing about this is it can be loaded into the pickup by hand, so it’s no hassle to take to site.
As for attachements
Fixed grab
Powered rotator.
Crocodile silage grab.
Log splitter.
Flail mower
Hi capacity bucket.
Rake.
And yes, planning what to take and how to take it is a headache.

Already connected it! I couldn't help myself! It's so easy! I did it like a real man: without the instruction manual (but I verified my method afterwards). I already know how to eject slick (slicc? spelling? I've seen it spelled both ways) pins from out of a casing!

You just need a pointy thing that fits inside of the hole-uh-muh-jib, and then you push the what's-its' pins until there is a full ejection of the what's-it! I hope that isn't too complicated. I used a computer tool set sized flat head. But you could go much smaller. As long as there is no flexing in the tool, you way smaller. A whipping needle would work, but it would dull your needle, so use an old one!

I did verify with my manual whether or not I did it correctly, just so you know I'm not a complete moron. It was just a personal challenge that I laid out for myself to make my day more interesting.

PXL_20240617_010520549.jpg PXL_20240617_010533792.jpg

I assume the main issue is the space/capacity for hauling them?
That is definitely a factor for me. I do 95% of my work with my root rake grapple so that stays on the machine all the time. I also carry my 4-in-1 bucket on the front of the trailer and have room for at least 1 other attachment when needed (pallet forks, land leveler, large bucket). I have no interest in hauling all that extra weight around every day. Much more efficient to just load what I need for that day's jobs.

364590744_796810632140952_8553371517626390942_n.jpg

I assume the main issue is the space/capacity for hauling them?
Yes, I can carry two implements on the chip truck and one on the machine in the trailer, but it’s often a game of fox/chicken/grain on the bigger jobs.
It’s ok though, I’m not tempted to get a big truck or anything, my business suits me for where I am now.

I am a big fan of a little felling lever up a tree for pushing chunks off whilst ringing down.
I lost my old favourite, so ordered this, specially made for a climber rather than a forestry tool used in the tree.
Nice and light with a good lift. Plus a hole for carrying on the tool belt. image.jpg

You were using a Husky previously, right? Have you used this one yet to form a preference? I've played with the idea of getting a felling lever. and I always come to "Dunno..." and drop the idea for awhile.

Never used one, interested to hear the review. How heavy? How much power? How expensive?

Looks like an ice ax handle.
Thing is Sean, you can move a chunk 4 5 or 6 times heavier than you could push off by hand.
especially big hardwood lumps that won’t move any other way.
No need for anything but a straight through cut, put this in halfway through, chase the cut out the back, stow the saw, then lever it off with this.
I know you use the magic cut on a lot of single stem conifers, which present different problems.

Back