O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Check out this 3/4" dynamic rigging line by Samson called Aurora Dynasorb! Not sure how practical this type of rigging line is. It has a core made of Nylon and a cover made of Polyester. It claims to be 2-3x more durable than a normal, static rigging line. The TreeStuff website doesn't really say how much it stretches (unless I'm missing something), but I imagine that it can't be all that much. But it does refer to it as being "dynamic" versus "semi-static," so I'm a little confused. It's definitely a pretty rope, though.

Here's the page for it: Samson Dynasorb Aurora 3/4" Rigging Line - https://www.treestuff.com/samson-dynasorb-aurora-3-4-rigging-line/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4%2F15%20AMA%20Mark%20Chisholm%20%2801HV9CEJ7VKCKB3ZDRG02VE1MA%29&KID=01HTRHNG0P4GBH15CAMP417FDQ&utm_klaviyo_id=01HTRHNG0P4GBH15CAMP417FDQ&_kx=NVPeXrGXFK3kdNYoM4n0LQM-8weffOXuwBJQBUpSf6PjJY8-xsuMmbTqLi3WqqbG.VppAkL

1713194396277.png

That's certainly not in the dynamic range, for traditional values. Semi-static...it's on the low end, but accurate in my view.

Colorful, it surely is...but pretty? Maybe a little less so :D. Seen plenty of ropes that are worse looking.

That's certainly not in the dynamic range, for traditional values. Semi-static...it's on the low end, but accurate in my view.

Colorful, it surely is...but pretty? Maybe a little less so :D. Seen plenty of ropes that are worse looking.
Yeah, I take that back. Colorful is the more apt observation. I've seen much prettier ropes. I'm also probably not gaining any points by using "pretty" on a forum loaded with burly men lol

Guess I’m upgrading my 10 year old excavator… for size reference it’s a 24” bucket on the old, 36” bucket on the new.

Now my mini excavator is bigger than @BIGTWIG ‘s, but his smallest excavator is bigger than my mini 😂😂

img_8387-jpeg.138074

img_8393-jpeg.138075

img_8394-jpeg.138076

img_8396-jpeg.138077

img_8447-jpeg.138078

img_8471-jpeg.138079

img_8474-jpeg.138080

1713498677081-jpeg.138081

Attachments

• IMG_8474.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8471.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8447.jpeg
    9.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8396.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8394.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8393.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8387.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 1713498677081.jpeg
    8.7 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Got a large scratch n dent portawrap from arbsession for $93 shipped(qualifies as a deal I think). I wanted one to keep in the truck, and I kinda wanted a large one. The one I have is a medium. I bought it cause it was specced for ⅝" rope, and I figured I didn't have any business rigging bigger than that. I didn't consider bollard diameter though. Having a larger diameter will be good on occasion.

IMG_20240425_150408289.jpg

Yea, I really like my older two. The first one I bought right after the redesign, and it /just/ fits. If I don't put it on just right, the straps rub my ears. The second I got just cause I wanted green, and it fits much better. Dunno if it's variance in manufacturing, or they adjusted the design.

Despite my criticism, I have some interest in the Protos, but I have to see/hold it in person before I bought one. Otherwise, I don't see any helmets I want to get over the Vertex.

I used to go almost every week, especially when my daughter was little. I've gotten out of that. There really isn't much I need, and don't really need to be accumulating more stuff. My yearly average now is probably once a month. Twice a month if you include the tool consignment shop. I almost didn't go today, but I figured I was already right there, so I might as well look. Never know what you'll find. I posted that brand new Li-ion jumpbox I got for $10. Probably my favorite score was a Whitney point blanket. It's heavy wool blanket I paid about $20 for, and it's worth about $200. That's my winter blanket :^)

What do you think of the air circulation in the Protos? I was toying with the idea of a Kask, but a couple people here said they stink, and are hot. I can get around stink with cleaning, but hot's a huge nope. I like the Petzl cause it's suspension based(no foam), and has huge vent holes. It really does make a difference.

I wore it every day last summer. I didn't notice any issues with heat. It does have a sliding vent on the top. I think when it's really hot, you are just going to be miserable all over anyway.

@lxskllr, that's truly and incredible find and an unbelievable price! Lucky you! =-D

I have a Petzl Vertex that's probably 6 years old at this point and it has vents on both sides of the helmet that you can open and close as desired. It's pretty cool, except one of the vents is kind of finicky and likes to open randomly sometimes. Whatever. It's a great helmet.

I love the adjustability behind my head at the base of my skull. It allows me to really lock it around my head, which has been extremely helpful now that I frequently have a heavy GoPro weighing down the very front of my helmet. But it doesn't budge at all.

I've had no problems with it and I've had no reason to retire it yet. The padding inside can be washed by hand with diluted soapy water, and then rinsed, and air dried. I've only had to wash it once since I got it. It doesn't ever really get stinky. I'll definitely buy another one someday.

I ordered a visor for it from TreeStuff for $46 shipped. Sticker price was $38, but I don't really need anything to get me to $100 free shipping. That's still cheaper than the new Vertex stuff, and I figured I should buy now while they're still available. Getting greedy and waiting for a better deal could leave me with nothing at all when they're completely OOS.

Back