O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

So you just ignore that in your accounting of your awesome income production, eh? Wish I could do that.
I gotta make it seem like I make a lot of money, man

wanna know the real reason im riding around in a beater bucket truck, with a worn out skidsteer and no full time help besides dad? im a broke mofo, that $5000 work day is great if you do it more than once a month

It's great to have dreams and drive.

A solid sense of reality is a good foundation to get to those dreams, plus lots of hard, hard work.

It doesn't happen overnight.

A solid chunk of us have been self- employed and/ or had career jobs in the industry. At least 3, off the top of my head, are published authors.

Honesty and humility will get you much, much farther, with more freely-given, hard-earned lessons.

The fastest way to flush everything is to get hurt.

Do you have a specific use in mind? I find fixed cheek pulleys a little inflexible. There's applications where they're excellent, but with others, they're a bit of a hassle.

Do you have a specific use in mind? I find fixed cheek pulleys a little inflexible. There's applications where they're excellent, but with others, they're a bit of a hassle.
I'll be using this mostly for canopy and spar anchors or just for my lanyard mostly, which will free up my hitch climber pulley that I've had on my lanyard for a while. Not sure how I'll feel about it. The pinto is great for pulling out multiple redirects in canopy anchors using methods like the Texas Tug. Funny name, serious tool haha There are other pulley focused canopy anchors I want to play around with as well. I'll probably make a video series on them at some point.

They are sewn in such a way as to tear out in a controlled manner, reducing shock to your climbing system, say if a fall occurs from a tie in point failure that is arrested on a lower branch.

Last edited:
That is a pretty nice idea for real world, everyday treework.

Those small suckers, they always seem to hold...but yikes if they don't

What's the cost, and what's the break strength? I'm thinking they could maybe be used for light rigging if they get deployed in a climb. Get some more value out of them instead of being a disposable component.

"Full strength".

Not used with a backup rope for ice screws and small gear.

I expect to never activate one, much like never using a lowerable-base tie.

$20ish. Cheap as a decelerator.

I like 'cable-y" htp.

A 70 year old guy on TB got broken up recently from a small branch failing, dropping him to a hard stop.

Miriam is doing more and more climbing, including tree-transfers. Good for experienced climbers and newer climbers, alike.

I bought this yesterday along with a pair of work gloves and a Dewalt battery charger...

IMG_20231216_100219711.jpg

It looks like it was hit twice, and the guy said "frig this noise" :^D It still has the factory sticker in almost perfect condition, and a couple bits of wood stuck to the tip.

I'm somewhat indifferent to camo, but the colors are all my favorites. I like earth tones, and my favorite color of all is OD green. What I'm a HUGE fan of is durable clothes with lots of pockets, and <$10. AFAIC, the best stuff you can get is genuine military. It may lack in latest tech, and not be on the premium end of comfort, but it's made for winning. It'll get you through to the end, with the features/function necessary.

edit:
and so people don't think I'm babbling to myself, the above is in response to post since deleted. Go in like viking; do it once, do it right, and live with it.

Last edited:
Back