O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Cutting it close on that trailer then. Watch the pot holes for sure.
It's good for 10400 In the box, so I've got another 600 pounds and I can still be under the rating, and I know for a fact it'll hold way more

Equipment trailer is probably coming soon along with some upgraded trailer tires, I gotta check but I might have 14 ply on it right now anyways

Being within 5% or so of the max load rating of the trailer is most definitely cutting it close. And it matters not what you "know for a fact" happened when you overloaded that poor thing before. It still was overloaded, which is a recipe for problems of many flavors.

Be a shame to screw that pretty new machine up with an easily foreseeable accident. Take care.

Well, planning to buy a trailer eventually but fir now this one works, if you want to come buy me a bigger trailer your are more than welcome to, but for now that us 5 to 10 grand I'd like to save up for other more importanter stuff

Keep an eye on that hitch attachment point. Those bolts are known to fail.
Also is that 9800#’s the dry weight or the “wet” weight?
Just be careful. Trailers aren’t built like they used to be.

Keep an eye on that hitch attachment point. Those bolts are known to fail.
Also is that 9800#’s the dry weight or the “wet” weight?
Just be careful. Trailers aren’t built like they used to be.
Wet weight with operator

This trailer is pretty stout actually, compared to any of the dump trailers I've dealt with anyhow

Wet weight with operator

This trailer is pretty stout actually, compared to any of the dump trailers I've dealt with anyhow
Yes, the trailer is stout. He's not talking about the trailer, he's talking about the two bolts connecting the coupler to the trailer tongue. And yes, I have had one of those bolts fail on my trailer before. It was not fun. Nobody is trying to pick on you or put down your equipment, merely sharing our experiences and suggesting things to keep an eye on. On my dump trailers I started changing out those two bolts every couple years after my failure.

I changed mine to pins and replace annually. And agreeing with what Brian is saying, I’m not picking on you at all. I’ve done a lot of sketchy hauling over the years and was trying to make you aware of things to watch. Asking dry or wet because most equipment weights are listed dry , but some give wet. Can be a huge difference.

Zinan, what is a “jump turn”?

Last edited:
It's good for 10400 In the box, so I've got another 600 pounds and I can still be under the rating, and I know for a fact it'll hold way more

Equipment trailer is probably coming soon along with some upgraded trailer tires, I gotta check but I might have 14 ply on it right now anyways
Is this based on (2) 5200# axles

Damn people have an absolute boner for trailer spec minutia.

14klb of axles, 10% tongue load makes 15.4klb, minus 4k for the trailer and 10k for the ex, we’ve still got napkin math capacity to spare, saving the bus load of nuns and orphans from certain peril.

Get a dually and you’ll probably need a class a CDL. Get the CDL and upgrade to bigger trucks, making that aspect of life easier. My smaller truck hauls my KX057 in the bed with practical and legal capacity to spare. If it would fit, I could add the KX040 to the load and still be ok. The container is 5700lb by itself.

1694213356397.jpeg

14klb of axles, 10% tongue load makes 15.4klb, minus 4k for the trailer and 10k for the ex, we’ve still got napkin math capacity to spare, saving the bus load of nuns and orphans from certain peril.
The nuns and orphans happen to be selling aloe for that "burn," so it's great that you saved them from certain peril.

damnnnnnnn
gonna take a while for them to recover
im glad to save the nuns and orphans from the certain peril that will be caused by being withing 1000# of the rated capacity of my trailer

so far already at 15 hours or so, no issues, have welded on a trailer hitch to move my chipper around jobs
Kyle is still going to dislike my welds but im willing to bet they hold!
wasnt too worried about the paint match because I will be doing so much dirt work with this machine that the paint on the blade will get messed up anyways

1694355431412.png

Speaking for Kyle, Bob, and myself but the welds look cold. More heat.
meh, if it breaks thats my problem

also, theres a root pass under there (all you see is caps) that got burned in really, really well, no worries about it being "cold" at all

For those of you who fancy educating themselves, here is some generic, but interesting, information regarding the word "weld."

First we have the dictionary definitions plus etymology...

Weld 1.png

Next we have a chart showing the word's prominence in all forms of writing, literature, history, novels and, more recently, web searches. I've highlighted the most relevant written form. Bear in mind, if you bothered to read the first image, that not all references to welding are the modern connotation. Previously and currently, weld had similar, but different meanings, as well as the same meaning.

Weld 2.png

Thanks for tuning into the first episode of Appreciating English with your host, Knotorious.

The more you know...

...the more you know haha

Attachments

• Weld 2.png
    Weld 2.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back