O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I was watching grcs videos on their site a few weeks ago, and I kind of want one :^D Pretty stupid for me.
I am the devil on one of your shoulders saying: “If you buy it you will probably find uses for it. Maybe rent it to small tree services?”

my new machine, had to go make sure it fits in my trailer just incase I needed to buy another trailer for it, getting a thumb and quick attach installed next week, should have the machine tuesday
took multiple tries to load it, seeing what kind of tongue weight it would have, its a tight fit but I will make it work

1693597034234.png 1693597054527.png 1693597042274.png

Great machine for handling material and brash. I would invest in a demolition grapple and powered rotator. Useful for feeding the chipper with
thats the plan, this only has one set of auxiliary to the stick tho so I would have to get a 2 line setup with an electric switch but thats no big deal

really wanting a rotobec style like cottontop3 has but its 20 grand and weighs nearly 2000 pounds, someone has a smaller one im sure, grapple saw would be cool but not 100% needed IMO
for now im going to make due with the thumb, if the dealer has a mulcher or brush cutter that fits then im buying one of those with it since I can run that (without removing the thumb)

im excited, my first big purchase to date, worth aprox 100% of what all my other stuff combined is worth

it would appear I didnt realize they have a smaller version thats 850 pounds
been a while since I checked, cant afford one so I didnt keep the info in my head lol

still at 850 pounds I will be out of almost all my capacity reaching off the side any distance over about 10ft I think, we will see, I might keep more capacity off the side than I think I will

I don’t think it weighs 2klb. His ex is only one size bigger than yours/same as mine. My first ex was the previous generation of yours. It did well.

View attachment 131858
I just realized something, noticed your location

you didn't take that picture, did you? haven't seen much video or pics from the ground of Tim in the lift
I should take his chainsaw class

If your concerned about weight go for a forestry grab - much much lighter. For example;

I just realized something, noticed your location

you didn't take that picture, did you? haven't seen much video or pics from the ground of Tim in the lift
I should take his chainsaw class

I took the picture, a few miles from my house. Saw they were working there on Snap.

Any of you guys/gals have a Grove 55-Ton with six wheel steering? The footprint on this is so small for what it can hold. I would definitely have to hit this thing with a custom paint job, but I bet this baby purrs. Great for confined spaces and backroads, etc. It even has a windshield wiper on the top window atop the cabin. Not ideal on extension, but still. You can level it out with suspension before initiating the outriggers.

Grove Crane.jpg Grove Crane 2.jpg

Wasn’t there some previous discussions on Treehouse about places these short stout cranes are not permitted on roads or bridges?

We have a 3060L-1, a newer version of that one. We can roll full counterweights in Massachusetts without a travel plan. In CT and NY we have to have an approved route, and in CT we have to remove some counterweight.

We have a 3060L-1, a newer version of that one. We can roll full counterweights in Massachusetts without a travel plan. In CT and NY we have to have an approved route, and in CT we have to remove some counterweight.
I wonder why MA is so lenient. Maybe it has to due with it being one of the starting points of Eisenhower's interstate program back during the cold war where all major roads and crossings were built to withstand the weight of tanks, military cargo trucks, and even entire aircraft, which is why MA's main roads tend to be straighter then most everywhere else in the Midwest and beyond into California; so that they could serve as runways if needed. Here's more on that if you are new to this history...

But MA has a huge problem now. They have so many bridges (nearly 8,000) and not enough of them are being properly maintained. Here's a loosely related article about that if you're interested since you are a resident (as was I for the first 30 years of my life)...

Anyways, I'm just speculating here and making conversation.

im hating this mystery, do I sign on the dotted line for the mini ex tuesday or wednesday? who knows, they wont let me take it without them doing the work either :(

Kubota salesman loaded it up to make sure it fit, his first time loading a machine into a dump trailer, he got half way through unloading it and asked me if ive ever loaded an excavator, I said no, he got visibly worried as he was terrified of those ramps but couldn't let me unload it since I don't own it yet

what attachments do you guys think I need with it? im thinking a 12" tooth bucket, 24" tooth bucket (no bigger because im in red clay with lots of roots) 10-12" auger and a 42" brush cutter
ive already bought a receiver tube to install on the blade (like cottontop has) to move my trailer and chipper around, maybe they have a grapple to go with it

to be fair any attachments I add wont raise my payments much at all

Back