O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'll tell ya how it is right now, about 20 degrees (your guys's temp) outside and calling for snow this weekend. I might still get up into one of my trees this afternoon though. I have very little to compare it to, my master II or a belt. I like the simplicity of it.

The saddle was a complete suprise awhile back there was a thread on here about it and I was exclaiming to my wife about how kick ass I thought that saddle looked and how I'd love to try one out. Opened my B-day present yesterday and there it was I couldn't beleive it! My wife is awesome :) .

As for the books I figured now that I'm Cert'd people are going to expect me to know what I'm talking about lol.

No my other saddle is a Buck MII, which imo is already a really nice saddle. I prefer to have two or three of most things, except chainsaws then more like four or five of each :D .

I prefer to have two or three of most things, except chainsaws then more like four or five of each :D .
. That is inadequate. How can a mature arborist possible function with less than 1 dozen chainsaws at his immediate disposal?

squishy, thats cool, I have most of those books too, good reference!
the saddle, looks neato, waiting for your review. :)

. That is inadequate. How can a mature arborist possible function with less than 1 dozen chainsaws at his immediate disposal?

You misunderstood me Justin, four or five of each size of chainsaw. For totals I'm currently six strong at home with two on the way from Ed. So I would agree eight Stihl's probably equals 12 of any other saws :P .

picked up a couple more pads and pens for future report work, they arent getting any cheaper!
http://www.riteintherain.com/
37md.gif
393md.gif

Well it is certainly possible to buy 12 great saws for the price of 8 Stihls. Console yourself however you must.:P

Got some new cold and wet weather gear today, thanks to Sierra trading post and a redirect in Washington state to reduce some duty and taxes ;) Thanks G!

Three long unders tops, two long unders pants, one new goretex jacket and one pocket knife for me. One set silk long unders for the wife. :) early christmas gift. We are hovering above and below freezing and its the start of winter, cant have either of us getting too cold out there!

hahaha, sure! its light to midweight stuff but the techie materials are SO much better than the old cotton waffle knit crap. I got the whole lot for under $200cdn including the extra postage to redirect it across the border. sierra trading post is cool in my books. this is the third or fourth time I have bought from them in the last 8 or 10 years, always been seamless and great prices. Hey, Squish, why arent you out working today?

I was working at my @#$% station, and now I've just got home, probably gonna be up a little early to push snow, alot of my lots have a 1" trigger so just chilling for now. Gotta double check my map go over the lots and notes I've made, then get outside before it gets to dark, double check all fluids and final walk around for the trucks first plow. I'm a little nervous but eagerly looking forward to starting to make some $$$ back off of this truck. I've got a couple of sub jobs but not enough time left in the day to do them today.

:thumbup:

Not tree related, but I got my stock in today for my 308 build. The NXS, base and rings should be here in the morning which is replacing my Zeiss while I wait for my USO.

DSC04649.jpg

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04651.jpg

It is made by Accuracy International, a British company, this particular model is the 2.0, short action. The 1.5 is basically the same, minus the folding stock part.

The green parts you see are the "skin" which are held on by the little bolts that are all over the unit. They are changable, but the beauty lies beneath. The whole stock is milled from a 3 blocks of aluminum. The forearm is one piece, fixed to the bedding area (in front of the recoil lug), and another piece makes up the rear.

It is a folder, which is handy, but also it is rigid as a mofo, way more than any synthetic I've seen.

The weight further reduces felt recoil, and the stock is adustable in length of pull, the cheek rest is adjustable up and down, and side to side (or at an angle). I have the rest pushed to the right, to get the best alignment with the least amount of muscle tension.

With the 14x scope, I could hold the gun steady enough (using a bi pod w/o a rear bag) to hold the cross hairs on a gum ball (hanging on the tree) about 300-325 yards away.

This was the gun before I removed the scope and changed stocks:
308-1.jpg

Back