O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

The saw and battery were in Milwaukee packaging. Home Depot could have used another 6' of tape.

The saw is pretty impressive so far. The XC was still on the charger when I tried it, so I used a regular battery. Torque seems to be the way with this saw. Just lean on it.

I was watching this review video, and he said the chain won't free spool with the saw off(or presumably any time)...

Is that actually the case? His worry was getting the clutch or chain jammed, and having to run it through wood with it off to clear the crud out. I get that, but what I'm wondering is how the hell do you sharpen it? A saw might get crudded up once in a blue moon, but sharpening's eternal. If you have to remove the chain(and I guess put it in a jig to sharpen it), I don't see how it could be used on a jobsite unless you're a fan of just swapping out chains, and I'm not.

Oh, and if anyone wants the tl;dw of the video. He likes the saw a lot. He prefers the Husky, and that's what he'd get with his own money(Milwaukee gave him the saw to review), but he doesn't feel disadvantaged using the Milwaukee. He used it for two months on real jobs getting work done.

Question please...
Do your Milwaukee battery saws have an inertia chainbrake function in addition to the standard manual chainbrake/handguard lever?
I've read that Stihl has a 'run down' chainbrake on their battery saws.
Need info to pass on...

I've done an initial Google search and it's too boring, thought I'd ask you lot who already have them.

Ta

I just looked in the manual, and saw no specific mention of it being inertial, nor did it show how to test it like they do with saws that are, so I would guess no.

Question please...
Do your Milwaukee battery saws have an inertia chainbrake function in addition to the standard manual chainbrake/handguard lever?
I've read that Stihl has a 'run down' chainbrake on their battery saws.
Need info to pass on...

I've done an initial Google search and it's too boring, thought I'd ask you lot who already have them.

Ta

Attachments

• 58-14-0514d5 (1).pdf
    12 MB · Views: 13
I know a couple of high level pro mechanics and they love their battery powered Milwaukee tools.

Back