O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Moles don't seem to be a big problem around here. Sometimes Spot brings me one, but I can't see anything in the yard that irritates me.

Orchard pruning season

$125 with battery and charger.
Craftsman. 3 year warranty.

1.25" capacity. Joint saver.

Pruned 3 of my own trees the other day and started to feel the wrist strain a bit.

Double-action trigger interlock.
Would easily cut off a finger. 20230126_194046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it.
Wonder if you could fab up an extension to attach to your forearm to help carry the load?

I've resisted spending $800+ on a pro model, as I've been doing less orchard pruning as years go by. If this is a success, and pro quality is worthwhile, I'll sell the Craftsman version.

Pro models seem lighter and smaller. This is like a battery drill's weight.

For the world's lamest new gear purchase, I got this today...

IMG_20230211_152121963.jpg

It was 35% off, so ~$6.90 tax included. People talk up synthetic techware, but I'm *extremely* sceptical. My experience says they smell like a catbox when you sweat in them, and the stink somehow manages to survive washings. This will give me a chance to try a quality brand for not much money. If this fails, I can probably assume they all suck like I think they do. It'll be nice not having to wear a vest at work. I'm saving it for a nasty hot day when I'm on a construction site.

Dunno. The copyright on this label said 2020. People say "They're better now!", but I don't see how it's possible. It's 100% polyester. Unless they infuse their polyester with unicorn farts or something, it's like everything else that's polyester. I would pay a premium for a shirt that smelled like new rope, and maintained that scent through washings :^D

Yeah, the one under armour synthetic t shirt I have is a real stinker. It's old so maybe they have changed things?
I found the same issue with my Carhartt work t shirts. They smell fine when you put them on but once you start to sweat a little it activates the old sweat trapped in the fibers and they stink like crazy. I found some colors are worse, I had to throw away all my red ones.

Dunno. The copyright on this label said 2020. People say "They're better now!", but I don't see how it's possible. It's 100% polyester. Unless they infuse their polyester with unicorn farts or something, it's like everything else that's polyester. I would pay a premium for a shirt that smelled like new rope, and maintained that scent through washings :^D
I switched to Merino wool for undershirts when extended camping etc. but you are probably talking about a one and done set up?

Yea, one and done. I usually wear 100% cotton. If this doesn't work like it think it won't, I can use it for a winter shirt over a thermal longsleeve. I do that so I can mix/match layers as my temp changes. A stinky shortsleeve doesn't stink so bad at 55°-60° when I abandon the thermal. I hope anyway. I might just be out $7. Could be worse.

My new 2stroke oil measurer...

IMG_20230226_105440190.jpg

:^P

Bottom of the lid is is the fill line for 1G@40:1, and completely full doesn't quite handle my 1.25G gascan, but it's close enough, and still heavier than 50:1. I've been wanting something to measure bulk oil with, and I found the bottle with a tiny bit of crusty spice in the cabinet. This is perfect cause I can cap it when finished, and it won't dribble everywhere.

Even though cheap ($90, shipped), these clamp-on pallet forks have been very useful with the mill. I've used them a bit with 2' wide alturnamats. I'll get some rope scraps to hang the 4' wide mats under the forks.
ive got a set of forks for mine, worth their weight in gold!
I will say tho, I dont like the free swing fork I have, id rather the ones with the pin you pull to slide them in and out since mine come out of adjustment when tracking without a load and suck to point straight down when splitting big rounds (break the stringies after using the splitter on the heavy ones)
is your boxer gas or diesel? got some questions if its the diesel version

Back