O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

No doubt it cuts like a mofo.

And i can see where you'd use it with post and beam work but I'm wondering where you'd use it regularly with treework.

Probably landscapers would have a good use for it. I could actually make pretty good use of it at work. Think of the places you could use a small chainsaw, but it's inconvenient, or use is too infrequent to bother with a chainsaw.

edit:
Does Sherrill own Silky, or have US rights to it?! I was just looking at their site, and it looks an awful lot like treestuff with the metric shitton of js, and ships out of Greensboro NC.

edit2:
The site(shipping page)...

Last edited:
Broke a throw bag last week…got it hung in a tight crotch trying to set a line. Couldn’t pull it on through with the throwline and couldn’t pull it back with the rope. So we hitched it to the BMG and let the Gehl pull it. Tore the ring from the bag. Anywho…Treestuff has their bags on sale this weekend so I just ordered some more. “SWEET15” gets 15% off.

I was looking at those for my apta bag, but figured I'd go with what's specifically recommended; the old school weaver. Maybe they would work(I already have similar), but you gotta know the rules before you can break them, eh?

Those won’t work in the APTA. Too skinny. The Petzl Jet is my choice for the APTA. Ten ounce normally, 12-oz if it’s a high shot or prickly bark, etc, making it difficult to work the 10 down.

Also ordered a Bend Right rigging ring. I like the concept of it. I spliced up a double ring sling a while back, and while it works, I don’t like the racket of the rings slapping together as they come under load.

Two pieces of metal slapping together under pressure leads me to believe they could nick/scar one another…causing major damage to rigging lines in a big hurry. My friction saver rings are aluminum and I’ve had to file a couple of nicks off them where they land in gravel upon retrieval.

Back