Northern California Fires

Also, I know one was from an illegal grow.
Here.
Involved some gasoline. Not all details are in yet.
One year, right after a fire evac got lifted, we almost had another one start next door.
Illegal grow had jumped the meter at the box, pulled too many amps, seevice wire insulation caught fire, was melting, trying to start a grass fire. Rob and I called that one in and kept it contained till PG&E and our Sherriff's got there.

New start not far as the crow flies. Just rushed home in case Evac is issued. Prepping. 800 plus acres already.
Bad spot. People are already evacuating from down our street that heads to where it started. They closed the highway. Looks like it should threaten town and reservoir. A lot of homes. Wind is currently in our favor. For now. We are cut off from town but still have a few ways out if needed. As most you know. We stay through these and defend.
And we were having such a nice day at the lake picnicking :( 20240704_200402.jpg

Makes me wonder how far draping heat reflecting film over everything would go in preventing structure fires. Or some sort of sprinkler system that keeps the outside of structures wet. It would be interesting to explore and test such ideas.

It does. The forest Service wraps historic buildings. Before my parents replaced their shake roof, and I believe they had it reinstalled (no not the shake) , the whole roof has a sprinkler system.

Last edited:
I guess they pretty much evacuated town and I heard some homes were lost last night. Wind still in our favor. Thus far. They have cut a line on our side and are focusing on town.
No power. Going to rig up watering animals today. Genny broke.
The heat is worrisome. Both for the crews and the peoples.
Supposed to be over 100 today.

Back