Northern California Fires

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
Pretty much Rajan. And the state is pushing local goverments to apply code violation fines. They are using drones and neighbor complaints to look at the property with out warrant and fine people right out of their land under the guise of trying to control pot grows. Some places up here wont pass current codes since they are old and such. Hell, well casing was not required till 1983. Out houses went out in the 70s. Now they want permits for even a shipping container pad.
Its an end round the prop 13 that keeps our taxes down on property. Just sieze it. Resale and revalue more revenue

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
The drones peeking at property suck, they are starting to appear here too.

Mrs.B

Treehouser
The Mckinney Fire in the Siskiyous is a big, out of control beast. It started Friday afternoon at 3 acres and this morning it's 55,493 acres, with 5 other significant fires around it. Worse case scenario is for all 6 fires to merge and become a complex. 1000's evacuated, reported deaths, and an unknown number of homes gone. It's a nightmare fire and getting worse. The last 4 days they've had severe dry lightning in the area, igniting even more fires, and the lightning keeps the planes on the ground. The Forest Service and Cal Fire are struggling to keep up. Terrible situation. Really worried about the friends we have in that area.

treesmith

Banned
Our current problem here in my town is that we have 109 households displaced now that evacs are being lifted.
We have a rental shortage already.
CA has made rebuilding a friggen nightmare under current regulations. Often times taking too long to even approve a rebuild forcing costs higher and sometimes not falling into a time frame set by insurance companies.
Many homes have lost insurance and were in transition of trying to comply and land a policy from the CA Fair Plan (State run that does not cover everything and low values yhe home needing additional riders) that is way more money than most house holds were already paying.
Best one can hope for is a manufactured home for costs.
CA now requires solar on every new home. A plug in for the electric car you may or may not have in your garage. Fire sprinkler systems. Extra lighting and electrical than before. This also includes more widows. Engineered septic systems. Stamped housing pads. New windshear requirements near doubling fastner/nailing costs. There is a list. Would not suprise me if they re-evaluate the new housing to raise taxes.
As with all freedoms, they take a little at a time…

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
Thanks Gerry. Not much holding wood left and a head lean at the cedar, shop and tractor. Had the mini Pull it off angle to the desired lay and cut the back till she went.
Poplars... bleagh.
I dont usually skip my face cut, but when I do...

:lol: