New to the group (Blair Glenn)

I was always a fan of the truck door urinal, open drivers door slightly, open the back seat door if you have a crew cab, and you are good to go. Looks like you are getting something out of the cab if done right. I thought everyone knew that one lol

Yup, though your money isn't safe, yet, still 2 weeks left. :/: :happy1:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for your kind welcome. Not sure how often most of you check in here but I will pay attention to this site. As for my channel, I started it in 2008 with the intent of providing useful information for my clients. As a way to promote your business, YouTube has been amazing. Later on, I realized that there are a lot of new climbers who get thrust into this line of work without a lot of training. So, I am trying to be somewhat on an online mentor. That being said, even though I have been at this business for 47 years (ouch), I am humble enough to learn something new every day. I'm still very "old school" in my ways and I'm open to learning more about SRT techniques.

Blair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I guess time will tell. I have only been a part of this group for a couple of weeks and have already felt the judgment from many of you. Tree workers are a tough lot. I have met some real down to earth treemen and I have met a lot of tree workers who were, well, different. I have been doing tree work now for 47 years and I have had a lot of guys go through my company. I'm not at a slow down stage of my life and don't want to build my company up with more people. Just 3 of us left and I'm climbing daily (Monday through Friday). At this time of my life, I would like to present some of what I have learned over a lifetime of living with the trees. Take it for what it is worth.

Blair, that resonates with me...looking forward to your input. I feel sure there will be information and experiences that can benefit us if we can be objective and let the process happen. I appreciate your calm demeanor and willingness not to let the chatter drive you away. There's a good cadre of folks here...I suspect they will set back a bit on their chairs now and take a deep breath.

I have been wrong before, as I noted earlier. I still don't like the tone of your opening post about your YouTube channel, but that's just me, perhaps. Carry on.

Burnham, just think about the utter cobblers Frankie posts every day, clogging this forum up with horseshit.
How can you get antsy about some tree vids?

Welcome again Blair, can‘t promise to watch all of your vids, attention span is low these days you know.

Fair point, Mick.

It wasn't posting tree vids that bothered me, rather that his objective seemed to be centered on asking us to up his views numbers that I wasn't so keen on.

And it would suit me to a T if Frankie desisted completely. If it comes to a trade, I'd go with Blair in a heartbeat:).

As I said, I'll now retire from the discussion.

Last edited:
Blair, tonight I watched a few of your vids, they are obviously not the typical tree vids. I'll likely check some more out. Just curious, do you favor anyone in particular re tree vids. For example, personally Reg's and Graehme's tree vids are tops for me, and also 'early' Hunicke and the iconic Jerry B

Last edited:
Blair: Just a thought good sir, and take it with a grain of salt, but; I'm thinkin we don't really even want men who are gonna be polite and nice to us all the time.

The folks on here... Man, a guy can take a beating over the years, but he'll come out the better for it Imho. Yeah these guys can be harsh, but they'll never blow smoke. Now Instagram... that's just another animal. I don't even get how the KIDS can somach it, to be honest.

Can be harsh, yes, but I have to say that I have never seen a so much awkward "welkome". I can't believe it.
There's actually a self-promoting tone in the first post, but I can't understand why it triggered such a reaction. Totally unusual for this place.

I like very much Blair's vids, very informative, showing skills and somewhat peaceful. Each time one comes as a suggestion in youtube, most of my evening is likely spent on the other ones. So much to see...

Could not have expressed it better myself, astonished at t
Can be harsh, yes, but I have to say that I have never seen a so much awkward "welkome". I can't believe it.
There's actually a self-promoting tone in the first post, but I can't understand why it triggered such a reaction. Totally unusual for this place.

I like very much Blair's vids, very informative, showing skills and somewhat peaceful. Each time one comes as a suggestion in youtube, most of my evening is likely spent on the other ones. So much to see...

Could not have put it better.

Astonishingly poor form from some surprising sources.

So... Mick, how do you determine when it is 'good form' to make a post expressing an opinion that is somewhat abrasive?

I suppose when someone deserves it.

I hardly think he was at the stage where ‘not welcome’ and ‘donate 5k if you want to stay’ were warranted.

Yes, I suppose so. An opinion based on intuition should be verbalized with caution. Just because a post sounds like a self serving infomercial, doesn't mean it actually is.

I saw the "welcome" overall as pretty harsh, too. Words are great until they aren't. It's easy to misread something/attribute meaning that was not intended.

I try to give folks some wiggle room to give time to see where they will settle into the mix of the moment. May be that the covid/quarantine/race/WTF madness these days has folks a bit testy.

I feel an overall edge in my daily interactions and awareness that is usually only present sporadically. With the constant onslaught of "what's next" in the world and the general gray cloud hovering at the edges of everyone's periphery, it's easy to be hair-triggerish.

Time for a deep breath, slow stretch and smell the roses for a moment.

Back