In The News...

Even with putting up signs.. people often ignore warnings or do not even read them. Sort of like the signs up in Yosemite that say "Stay on Trail" "Do not swim above Water Falls" etc.
But yes, I would have a sign at Disney World. We had rattle snake habitat signs in AZ on the golf courses. ......Idiots would still try to get their balls in the rough and get covered in cactus though :lol:

I used to work on a golf course at Disney World in the 70's. I don't remember ever seeing alligators on the course, but their philosophy on signage was that people don't read signs. I learned that they don't, after a few years of working there. They would rather pay someone to stand there and give directions/instructions. That was a long time ago. Don't know how it is now.

Disbelief ATM, I'm sitting at my brothers house in the north of England, he wanted in, he is the one who sells and fits autosteer systems from the US.
I wanted out but now am a bit perturbed.
Constitutionally these are very interesting times.
Short term it spells economic difficulty. 5/10 years down the line maybe, an improvement.
It was not about money really, it was about sovereignty and immigration.
It was a classic story of a political elite (I know, a cliche) ignoring a groundswell of opinion.
When David Cameron called this referendum (in order to win an election) he never thought for a moment we would vote out.

Another thing, actors and general media luvvie sorts who feel it is their duty to tell us mortals what to vote for should learn to keep their mouths shut.

I have been following pretty closely for a few months. It felt like both sides made some good arguments.

I truely believe this is one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen.

Wonder if Cameron will get shit canned now.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I wanted out but now am a bit perturbed.

I think that's the nub of the problem, so did many of the out voters, all thinking that it would be a close in vote and instead they've tipped the balance too far.

How will it affect you working in France do you think?

Initially very little, in the longer term it might be easier to take nationality. We'll see.

People are completely losing their tits on FB.

Corbyn's inactivity had to have played a part.

Long term it's got to have an effect on the British immigrant, sorry, expat population which makes up much of your client base?

Hardly surprising Corbyns heart wasn't really in it given his long history of euroskeptiscm.

Sure, onwards and upwards.

I think there will be plenty of vacancies for leek and celery cutters here once all the Portuguese agricultural labour gets run out of town.

I've cut celery, at least in a big field and having to keep up with the machinery, I doubt those positions will get filled very easily.

I don't know enough to comment on it but that's never stopped me before. I do know the special little snowflakes here are in meltdown mode so I'm all for it.

Liberalism, plain and simple. I know people get tired of hearing it but it is what it is. 20 years ago my son's middle school teacher told him it was child abuse for me to have him help cut firewood. I was banned from school property the next day. Fuk'n snowflakes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My dad whipped me and my brother's ass many a time, and we deserved ever ass whupping!

My dad whipped me and my brother's ass many a time, and we deserved ever ass whupping!
Kept me out of a lot of trouble too, knowing what the end result would be. Our principle was highly feared too, swung a plexiglas paddle with holes drilled in it. We surmised that the holes served two purposes. First, they cut down on wind resistance, optimizing swing speed. The second was to allow the steam to escape when it contacted your derriere. :cry:
The results of no discipline are pretty obvious in society today.

"The results of no discipline are pretty obvious in society today."

I agree with that, but our principle was highly feared too. Mainly because he was a frustrated screaming nut case, so were most of the "teachers". They'd be locked up today.

Over discipline can have a very adverse affect on your outlook on life.

Not saying she was wrong in giving the kids a belting though. She could have over done it a bit, but I wasn't there.

Back