In The News...

I don't really dig lunchmeat. I'll only get it out in the form of an Italian coldcut; maybe a dozen a year. I never have lunchmeat in the house aside from spam. I guess that's kinda lunchmeat.

*It's pork shoulder and ham!

*Traditional variety, other flavors may contain just about anything.

I didn’t expect literal cash...but a CHECK? It’s coercion as they’re “buying” their complicity. Never heard of them paying hungry folk to eat. And the thing about savings bonds is, it’s a $100 bond, purchased at $50....and worth $50 plus incremental interest until maturity. Like giving someone an egg and claiming you gave them a chicken...

I didn’t expect literal cash...but a CHECK? It’s coercion as they’re “buying” their complicity. Never heard of them paying hungry folk to eat. And the thing about savings bonds is, it’s a $100 bond, purchased at $50....and worth $50 plus incremental interest until maturity. Like giving someone an egg and claiming you gave them a chicken...

No it’s not coercion, that is not what coercion means.

Is your issue that they’re offering money to them, or they’re not offering them enough?

Okay Mick....I used “coercion” as that’s what I consider it. Trying to persuade someone to do something they are not inclined to do otherwise. Let’s be literal then....it’s BRIBERY. That make you happy? I think it preposterous that people are being offered free donuts, gift cards, savings bonds, paid leave, all sorts of goodies and trinkets, to get them to run in and get a poke. Saying they’re giving “$100”, then clarifying that it’s in the form of a savings bond simply adds to the hilarity of the situation.

My problem with it is, they are simply too cheap.
Here we are offering people a new car if the get vaccinated.

Back