• Hey Guest,
    Just a heads up, The Tree House will be unavailable for about 10-15 minutes starting at 5pm CST tonight. This is just a super quick maintenance period.

Thanks!
    Brandon

In The News...

Tommy_B

Clutching at saws...
On a watch??? Wow!
Lottery win scenario and you could easily spend £20k on a watch that isn't particularly flashy. I've been looking at Omega watches from the 70s on eBay. Only a few hundred quid and would be a cool thing to own and pass down.
I agree that I couldn't spend $20k on a chain or rings though!

treesmith

Banned
Last watch I bought was under $20. Digital. Had a stopwatch and LED backlight. Did all I needed it to do.

Now…if it’s lottery winnings we’re talking…I just might have to buy a gun safe. And fill it up. 😄

treesmith

Banned
A bit of good news for a change!

BeerGeek

Tree Numbnutz

Nutball

TreeHouser
Actually diesel used to be a half dollar cheaper than gas. I'm not sure what happened, but at some point in time Diesel became no longer cheaper.

Fiddler

Treehouser
The national business media has picked up on the fact that days cover for all non-jet distillates in the U.S., a category that is 85% to 90% diesel, is at less than 26 days cover, far below normal at this time of year. The interpretation of that has sometimes been that the U.S. is going to run out of diesel in 26 days.

But what it means is that inventories could cover 26 days’ worth of demand if all imports stopped and refineries halted all production. U.S. refineries are pumping out a healthy level of about 5 million barrels per day (b/d) of ULSD, and imports are adding about 100,000 b/d of supply to that.

The problem is that demand for domestic consumption plus exports is exceeding those supply levels, tightening the inventory levels and boosting prices.

treesmith

Banned
Actually diesel used to be a half dollar cheaper than gas. I'm not sure what happened, but at some point in time Diesel became no longer cheaper.
It's simple. The ones selling it realized that more and more folks were buying diesel vehicles, and profited from it.

BlackSmith

Uncivil
“Fears of political toadies occupying key intelligence roles had been aired publicly by former intelligence community members during the Trump administration’s early years, but their concerns were all but ignored by Senate Republicans during confirmation hearings that would ultimately inflict serious reputational damage on a number of agencies that, for their own survival, had long avoided partisan leanings.”

That’s some damn fine creative journalism right there.

1667865267006.gif