Hunting 2021

At one time I turned bottle stoppers from antlers.
Cut the tines off, set them in a small block of wood and turned it down to fit a hollow cork.

Sold like hot cakes in our local hunting store.

Danish hunters will buy anything that says " Hunting" no matter the price.

Ironically, I got the antlers from a deer farm. :lol:

Those ulus are nice Austin. I have a couple commercial ones that I got from the thrift shop. They're from the big(relative) Alaskan company that makes them for tourists probably, but I don't remember the name without looking it up. Those knives are really handy. Everybody should have one.

“Antler Bottle-stops…turned from domestic deer antler…by local vegetarian”. I’d buy one just because of the name!

Probably would have bought some meat from"The only vegetarian cattle ranch east of the Pecos river", too.

That is how I used to welcome Americans to my place, back when I raised cattle.

Now you are meat poor. I thought the deer season in Alabama was open year round, or was it you can harvest one each day during the season?

This might seem TLTR but it is actually quite readable and interesting. It's all about 'the last wild Indian, Ishi", what he was like and all about the making and shooting of his bows and arrows. Written by Saxton Pope, of Pope and Young fame.

Are there any homemade-bow hunters here?

I'm just posting to see if this post makes it into "What's New" because these previous posts don't seem to be showing up there, so yeah nah yeah

Nope, not on my puter. Is it something with the thread or my puter or what. Anyone else seeing these posts here from the last couple hours?

Its bizarre though, I click on the Rec Room forum and Hunting 2021 is nowhere to be found there :?

Ok thx for letting me know. This thread is still MIA unless I do a search for it. I guess the next strep is to turn the puter off and on Doh

Edit- I did that and still no Hunting 2021 thread in the Rec Room on my puter. Strange!

turn off your cell phone when you do bad things

btw, this dang thread still invisible to me unless I search it, smh
You may have accidently added the OP to ignore Cory. Happened to me a couple times. Just accidently tapped the wrong button.

With deer season long over with, we've had good snow cover for a month now, easy to see where they are taveling.
I picked a heavily used trail and put up a camera, just to see what didn't get shot.

Going to be a brusier this fall.

Ed

Attachments

• PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 7
Back