Hunting 2021

treesmith

Banned
I keep targets at 100-, 250- and 400-yards from my front porch. I used to have some metal plates hanging at 250 (I've since moved them to 400). I learned how high to hold to hit them at 250 with the .22 mag. If I'd had the time, I'd have grabbed a .223, but the .22 mag hangs above the front door, so it was handiest.

treebogan

Treehouser
Shot a couple of Reindyr Bucks. Had the meat flown out by Helicopter after carrying it down the mountain.

Buried the Animals gutted but whole in a snow bank, then went back up a few days after and butchered them.

After building a "long range Reindyr sniper rifle" I shot both these animals at less than 150m. Typical.

Very impressive country in there, absolute killer of a walk in.

Attachments

treebogan

Treehouser
I still want to shoot an Antelope, maybe next year? I really stuffed up this years hunting trying to juggle my new girlfriend, my daughter and work plus a mates wedding.

I have to be less busy and more organised. I have 8 tags still to fill but no time to do it.

Silly man.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
wow Mike @treebogan, them is some wild ass pics! Very cool! :rockhard:

What critters were you burying the meat from, some mega fauna like bears or wolves or more run of the mill stuff like foxes.? Oh wait, Norway, you might have a few gulo gulo in your 'hood. But then, hiding meat under several feet of snow to deter wolverines would basically be the same as leaving it on top of the snow 8):rockhard:;)

Last edited:

treebogan

Treehouser
wow Mike @treebogan, them is some wild ass pics! Very cool! :rockhard:

What critters were you burying the meat from, some mega fauna like bears or wolves or more run of the mill stuff like foxes.? Oh wait, Norway, you might have a few gulo gulo in your 'hood. But then, hiding meat under several feet of snow to deter wolverines would basically be the same as leaving it on top of the snow 8):rockhard:;)
Foxes mainly but a Wolverine wouldn't get past the flat stones interlocked. A Bear would though, no Bears around here.