How'd it go today?

I can pick up the container local for about 30.00-40.00 used....
I would probably cut a hole through some the the bars on the side for when you need to reach in lower.

How do you get it out??? By hand, one piece at a time?
You can do one piece at a time or you can just dump it with the mini take about 40 seconds to empty that way.
No, charge a refundable pallet deposit.
Yep $100
Pallet? You mean that metal container? So how much is the deposit??? I can't see anyone wanting to pay to dig the wood outta that contraption. Around here, they like it delivered and stacked.
$100 most of the time I just dump it stacking is extra.
Some folks like it that way. Handy to some.
Easy transport too.
I built my decks with something like that in mind for my elder years
Use the folks and load it on the deck.
Just did a delivery last month were I set the basket on his deck.
I can pick up the container local for about 30.00-40.00 used....
I would probably cut a hole through some the the bars on the side for when you need to reach in lower.

It's really easy to fish out a chunk thru the basket sides as they are.

I've thought that pallets, cut-down a bit for access and weight considerations,
with vertical 2x4's attached to 2 opposite sides at the bottom of the pallet to form sides,
with 2x4, or wire, or maybe treework cull plywood sheets cut-down to a 3x3' or so for a roof across the top, to hold-in the tops of the vertical 2x4s,
would make a good machine-delivered system, pre-stacked, without deposit.

My hydroseeding neighbor has pallets for days. People with a woodstove often have a chainsaw. Easy to cut a pallet better nails. 2x4's could be reused or cut to size. They split really easily for kindling in short sections. Pallets are often hardwood.

Learned a valuable city boy lesson today.

Dont lock anything of value in the Hotel safe.

Country mouse got no business going to the city.

So you found out that every housekeeper and valet in the hotel has access to your room safe, huh? Yeah, it's almost as if the locks on the doors don't really mean anything except to keep other guests from accidentally walking into your room. Most people just leave valuables locked in their vehicles. But then that is why vehicle theft is so common at hotels. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you just leave a do not disturb sign on the door for your whole stay, they usually won't even go in there. Leave clothes everywhere, empty beer cans, and valuables in your bag, etc, and even if they peek their head in they will just leave you alone.

I've been basically living in a hotel room, just part of normal life for me lol. I'm also big on getting a room that overlooks the truck, and staying in the good part of town. Grilling out on the tailgate after work also sends a message that you have been living on the road awhile, and probably don't carry anything valuable worth stealing lol. Much cheaper and usually better than eating out every night. A cheap propane grill works great, as does some cast iron on an old school Coleman camp stove. I also have a pretty big (73 quart?) Ozark trail cooler (yeti knockoff) and can't say enough wonderful things about it. A dry box in the bottom of a cooler is a handy spot to hide stuff. Since i have the quad cab, i have the entire backseat with large totes that have dry foods and such, cookware, and certain tools, all more or less organized lol. That way all i need to do is remove 3 totes and the back seat is empty. Also a good spot to stash stuff in, because it's too time consuming to rifle through to grab something. Inside a Dutch oven, in a tote, with other cast iron skillets on top, Ziploc bags, aluminium foil, and a bunch of other stuff is more secure than fort knox.

Good luck with retrieving whatever it was they took, Jim. No excuse with the office safe.

Having an ignition bypass switch has foiled auto thieves on three occasions. Of course they stole my camera binoculars n leather coat, but Betsy was still there.

Knock on wood they don't use a wrecker......

Jomo

Yes, don't try to split stubs/ branch cores. never gonna win. If really knotty, cut them smaller. "Noodling" is cutting along the third axis, not ripping, not cross-cutting, noodle your way through, don't rip your way through.

The pickeroon is a good labor saver, saving lots of bending. It can be solidly banged into a small round log as a dragging handle, if any useful stubs are absent. Pulls wood from the truck, as well as lifts it off the ground without bending.

I made a noodling video to show how I break big rounds down to get them on the splitter. 30"x22" hard maple.

https://youtu.be/50bnW3HFZYc

Did they count it before they put it in there? If so you should be able to get it back. Even if not you should be able to get it back, i would imagine there is a camera on it....

Started a police report.

Hotel says they will make it "right"....we will see how that goes!

Reason we had cash was so we could buy the Honda 650 bike.

We traveled 230 miles to get it.

Did not want to leave cash in pickup while we went to the water park.

We were able to get money out of an atm so we could buy the bike.

Sounds like they have a suspect already. Fellow bragged about having a big wad of cash and went on a gambling binge after his shift.

It would have been better if it was for Christmas for his kids or something!

Back