How'd it go today?

Loading up for a week long job up in the park. Up by the Wawona Hotel. Might rain and snow our first day. Shortened our commute by booking my mom's bnb. Should be an interesting rigging job. Working as a sub. Always worry about the ones away from home. See if I can capture some moments.

Loading up for a week long job up in the park. Up by the Wawona Hotel. Might rain and snow our first day. Shortened our commute by booking my mom's bnb. Should be an interesting rigging job. Working as a sub. Always worry about the ones away from home. See if I can capture some moments.

Sounds interesting. You do mean YNP, right? That would be a cool venue!

Yessir YNP. Right behind the hotel there are some private homes. Sandwiched between two sections of NF and NP lands. Right on Miami Creek.
We will be rigging trees up to a parcel and not foot print national or park lands :) 8 foot wide foot path. Dingo to the rescue. I just need to get the logs and brush to the landing on the trail. 180 foot pondo is gonna help :)
https://www.nationalparkreservations.com/lodge/big-trees-lodge/?gclid=CjwKCAiAjNjgBRAgEiwAGLlf2kx9WNbivVmfs82GbwenWT2KeP5dQmdjhFSJ1HCtNZwzyY6FSYnm5xoCu5MQAvD_BwE

As easy as 1-2-3-4

Well, this afternoon's project was installing the new 8,000 lb. axle on our BC1800 chipper. It was as easy as Vermeer promised: 4 bolts, 4 wires. It does help when you have a grapple that can lift an 8,000 lb. chipper so as to set up cribbing, wheel jacks to lift the tires up! Hitched up and did some donuts around the lot and some sharp Figure 8s to give it a whirl. Looks as though we're good to go for Monday morning!

Good stories, men!

I especially liked the vermeer story and info. Sounds like a good place. I have a 752 that is heckuva machine.

Wish I lived close to the Rayco factory, give my rg50 a spruce up.

I do not but can say rayco tends to make a very good product

Woke up to pouring rain out. Perfect start for our job up in the park.:|:

Gonna head up, drop the dingo and trailer, meet the porta potty guy and head for a consult. Maybe a quick strip and drop will salvage the day before we head back to the bnb. Might have to chain up getting there. . Pass is a bit chilly.

Gave the chipper axle a good first test shake-out: worked in Kansas City, Missouri, so it was a full 45-50 min trip each way. Hubs were cool as a cucumber, brakes were good. Only missing 2 chunks out of the tread on the tire that came off, where it had scraped the wheel wells.

Pruned 3 pin oaks, let the man give all his leaves to be chipped. Totally property transformation! He was very happy in the end at the great increase in curb appeal to his house.

Good deal on the axle!

Tree work, milling has been completely dry for about a month. Selling some live edge. Electric motor shop is keeping me afloat. More work on the kiln. Would have liked more glass, but I will need to move it a couple times. Heated up nice this morning with an hour and half of sunlight.

20181217_130440.jpg

For the first time in nearly 24 years I bought a saw not made by the big two.

My wrists are struggling to consistently steer the 201 to make decent cuts, especially on the horizontal, so not hearing too many good things about the 150 I got the little Echo.

I’ll also run it on motomix, see if my afternoon headaches are due to fumes or booze.

Attachments

• 3D0C8D93-AD3C-4780-9DC6-D24385957C1A.jpg
    3D0C8D93-AD3C-4780-9DC6-D24385957C1A.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 41
Good luck Stephen!
Mick, those little echos seem to have a decent following up here.
Justin! Haha! My GF was wondering what they were.

Sean, so far all I had was air dry. There is a flood of live edge around me. There are some big shops that list their prices, I kind of go by those. Some places advertise $5/bf no matter the type of wood, even rare wood they claim they have, but I suspect they bait buyers with low prices, "that board is gone, but since you drove all this way.....".

So far between $5 -$20/bf has been working.

Jeezus. That looks like some serious tree work, Pat.

Dang........ I'm impressed how you keep it fun.

Here's my fun for the day... sticker bombed the global landscape company I work along with.... I couldn't help myself.

Attachments

• 20181218_080318.jpg
    20181218_080318.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 41
Nice pics, guys.

Mick are you using 2 hands on the saw most of the time or is one handing causing the wrist issues?

Back