How'd it go today?

Condolences, Mick! I stepped in a gopher hole back in Cali. Bent my foot all the way back to the shin bone and sideways -- audible crunch. That's about the last time I experienced what I consider "pain" -- waves of pain to the point of nearly passing out. Nothing broken, just ligament damage. On crutches for 12 weeks, sports physical therapy for 8 weeks. Still can hardly run on it to this day and stairs and hills are harder than they ought to be. Best recovery prescription:

R.I.C.E. -- rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Today, two of our crewmembers were down with a stomach bug, so I flew solo. Wood hauling and brush pile chipping -- nothing glorious, but it does feel good to earn $$$ solo, about the usual proportionate earnings for the day (1/4 of a full crew day).

Ouch, heal fast Mick. And that sucks Jim, it's always little stuff that ends up messing everything up

Chit is totally crazy. Previous storms plus the economy being like a raging wildfire, I just had to email a load of people that we are booked for the entire summer, can't take new work/new customers. Never had to say that before.

Call back in December:O

Just busy doing what I do. They’re now using me to do catch up on a ton of residential work which I don’t mind. Nothing but praises coming back from the homeowners. Bad part is the estimator has no idea that pruning can take longer than removals. Every trim job I’ve been on has been a loser. I’m not 25 years old anymore but I’m pretty sure I can still put it down. Killing myself trying for the company to break even. I understand lowering rates to keep guys busy but he knows what it cost for my crew to roll out and these pruning jobs are ones that can only be done by me. Killing me

Going through a bit of a patch...found out by accident a couple weeks ago that the sap of PARSNIPS is phyto-photo toxic...get it on your skin, expose it to sunlight and it BURNS you! My hands and forearms and some on my legs, big blisters! Had to take steroids, and an antihistamine, turns out the antihistamine was not good for me, had just about every side effect...have scars like burns, from a VEGETABLE!
Then yesterday while climbing, something felt wierd in my knee/leg, hurt, pushed through to finish, when I got on the ground I could hardly walk, iced it, want to the Dr. Suspected ruptured Bakers Cyst...it will get better on it's own, but sidelined for a while now. At least it's a holiday weekend coming up. Will know more next week when scan results come back.

Foot did not get any worse, even felt a little better so continued the lot clearance as you guys say. Lot of oaks to clear and grind.

Sorry to hear about the knee Fiona, getting to our age stuff like that is doubly worrying.

Attachments

• 5FCDE9D0-9383-4854-999C-064D6BA67D72.jpg
    5FCDE9D0-9383-4854-999C-064D6BA67D72.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 26
Take it easy on that bruised foot Mick!

Ice is my new best friend, at least the pain has abated somewhat, went and spent money today, nice haircut,relaxed in the coffee shop, medicine for what ails a girl, spend some money

Mik do you have a bucket for your loader too? Ya know for carrying small logs, stump grindings, debris, etc?

Do you know about Coolvests? You should.

I'll probably climb in shorts tomorrow, or roll my pants up into man-pris. I cut out a bunch of the shade today, but had no other reasonable option for dismantling a maple over a fence.

A Coolvest costs more than 200 bucks and is worth every penny.

I still wear mine while mowing the lawn.

A Coolvest costs more than 200 bucks and is worth every penny.

I LOVE my Coolvest!

:thumbup:

Back