How'd it go today?

Oak killing today. One groundie bailed to see to kid issues. Just Rob and I slaying and chipping like old days. It was a tad warm. Bunch of running about after that. Head ache. At least is was not fuggen Monday. That day sucked.

My employee just sold a tree job for us. 2 removals and some minor trimming, one day, leave chips on site, $2200. I'm really impressed! Several months ago we were discussing an employee's worth and I said something along the lines of "It's all about what you bring to the table." He keeps bringing more to the table. I believe I will encourage this behavior by giving him a sales commission for the job after it's completed.

Jim, you do know how to pass a good time. That was relaxing watching your slow time with the kids.....

"Sucker!!!!!" Funny boy there.:lol:

Rigging off an oak branch, the tip caught in a neighbouring tree and came back at me, smacking my foot from the side.

Nothing broken I think. Finished the day and can walk a bit.

Attachments

• F6046908-BB3A-43C4-8358-FD4B8E6BB3B0.jpg
    F6046908-BB3A-43C4-8358-FD4B8E6BB3B0.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 26
Remember TreeMachine/Jim? I wonder how well he healed up?

Attachments

• TM Injury 2.jpg
    TM Injury 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 26
It will get worse before it gets better. Find some pain pills or you can kiss a good night's sleep goodbye.

Unless broken bones need set, they won't do much at the horsepistol anyway. If you can kinda move them (with your finger) and you don't nearly pass out from pain chances are there are no broken bones - just a nice crushing. Pain pills, Ibuprophen and elevation are your best friends now. And when I say elevation I mean as high as you can get your foot and do not bring it down only unless you HAVE TO. You must stay bedridden or it will become way worse way fast.

That’s my thoughts on it Butch. I’ve manipulated the bones, there’s no real pain point.

I’m betting on soft tissue damage/swelling.

As I said, I’ll plough on if I can tomorrow.

Schoolboy error.

I've done similarly a lot, kicking somebody's elbow by accident ( Actually because I was trying for their got, and the made a half assed block.
Twist the toes, and if that doesn't make you scream from pain, they are not broken.
Elevation and ice is the best remedy.
And a good bottle of French red wine, of course.
That doesn't actually help the healing process, but it makes it hurt a bit less and generally puts a rosy glow on the world.

Yea, I forgot to mention the ice packs. They allowed me to kinda doze off for a few minutes at a time.

It feels ok, I?m confident that I can continue to work, sore and dramatic looking yes, but I?m carrying on.

I?ve injured myself in many ways over the years, broken a lot of things. This isn?t broken.

Plus, signing for the new house next week! The devil is driving!

Back