How'd it go today?

Nice! Solo at that by the looks of it.

Picked up a weed to take down today while at breakfast at a cafe across the road from the GF's place. Nice easy half hour. Good thing I brought my extra saw.

Thanks guys!

I actually had someone to work with this time! haha

You can see when the larger sections of top came out the big goofy ring prussic I was using for a 3:1 slipped and let the load fall pretty early. Made for a nice soft catch anyways. . . Also that Atlas rigging line is like rubber band.

Cheers

I actually worked some this week. Dead wooded a few modesto ash trees for a relative. Resurrected the old truck which hadn't run for a couple of years. I didn't get paid so I have kept my retired status intact. Felt kind of good but my back is sore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 58
I was in the city earlier today and i saw what looked like tree dudes dangling off a high rise doing some some pressure cleaning work , it was funny to watch cause it seem pretty damn awkward, the back pressure kept pushing them out of position and away from the building (not much to lanyard into on the face of a building). One was upside down and had is leg hooked under a ledge trying to maintain position. They musta been tree dudes by what they were wearing.

Nice Steve, I bet it felt good to fly the boom and make some sawdust again.

I had a great time on my overnight horseback trip. A fun time with some great people. Seven of us all together and all the horses did well. We stayed in an awesome cabin, wood stove and running water. Luxury!

My yellow horse is back sound so today I'm starting him on some steers again. I can hardly wait, but gotta go easy. He's had a lot of time off now. I rode him yesterday and practiced with the drag dummy with him and he did well but it didn't take much to get him breathing heavy.

20160925_182034.jpg
Finally. I've been waiting all year to pick this up. I can stop overloading my old trailer and start overloading this one!

Over 350 posts today...

3IW2S98.gif

Interesting tree today...and old beat up Eucalyptus in an old garden.

The tips are dying back, borers, possums, cockatoos, drought...HO wants the dead tips cut out.

So I hiked on up SRT...the whole 'effin' thing was wobbling, dead patches, borer holes, epicormic sprouts from previous pruning.
Got up to my TIP had a look around, oh joy a bees nest and I can see the honeycomb, but it was still early and pretty cool so they weren't too active yet. So I cut out a few branches in another leader...ya fine.
Then I hear a funny squeaking noise...baby parrots are in a nest in the end of a dead branch that has rotted out. Fine bees nest in the same leader, so I'll leave that one.
Go cut another dead branch...might be a possum down in the hollow where it joins the trunk...
I look over my shoulder, see some movement, oh double joy, ANOTHER bee's nest, and they are a bit more awake!

TIME TO GO!!!!
Nice habitat tree....just not with me in it :)

Back