How'd it go today?

That means you're not standing up straight...pinching something in your neck.
I got a blister too...

No I got the same stiff neck while hiking around LasVegas a month ago looking up at all the tall sky rises.
Same as pruning trees and tall hedges/bushes.

I see Sherrill Tree sells a neck support pillow to put on your shoulders to support your head.
Pulling the pruner rope and repetitive hand pruner squeezing numbs my hands at bed time. Straight tree and stump removal doesn't bother me...pays alot better too;)

:lol:

I have been stress eating for a while.......better than stress drinking?

Yeah, I had kinda been thinking about putting a crop in this year. Mulling it over a bit!

We are coming up against some insurance deadlines, like in two days! I am morally against crop insurance, but the Federal Government requires that I carry it.

We might miss the bulk of these storms. That would be good. All my new farming plans, plus the not going broke plan, require that I get in the field.

Good thing I never thought to have a drink tonight!

It's rough Jim, but this too shall pass.

You will definitely make it. It'll be rough, but looking back on it, you will be able to say, "I made it." :drink:

Good luck, Jim.

Edit: shop day today, have some service on the stumper and my 192t, seems to be hard starting, already changed plug and fuel filter, runs on stihl synthetic fuel. Tearing it apart, good cleaning and check things over.

Also have a few pool pumps to repair.

Day off...truck is washed, housework & lunch on deck, then quick stop at the pet store and take my new fiddle in to get the soundpost set.

All done...and the new fiddle is a beast! Think I'll head out and see if they are jamming at a festival about an hour or so from here...good way to break her in.8)

Delayed start to a redwood removal job. The Thursday/ Friday groundie is out with 6 stitches in his finger, wood shop accident, outside work. The more experienced guy is going to run the ground with a temp service laborer.

I haven't figured out exactly what my plan is. Usually, I have it all mentally mapped out. Decided to drive past and check it out, as I was in the neighborhood anyway, knocking down a couple small cedars. I set a pull line for the top, and consider crashing it into the parking lot, through the big branches to slow down a big top. The low branches will shield the building. I'm thinking of then building a big crash pad and dumping the butt with the limbs on it to cushions. I'm thinking of putting down a bunch of plywood, then limbs from the top and some from the one side wrapped around a neighboring spruce, which can be free dropped, as the crash pad. I'll cripple any big limbs oriented directly at the lay.

It would be nice to make it all into the parking lot for clean-up, and in big pieces, so that I can skip rigging a lot, and having a bunch of small rounds. Hopefully, someone will want to get the logs. I have a guy interested, but...:|:

Attachments

• IMG_20160519_101636597_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20160519_101636597_HDR[1].jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 43
I had a tree like that at a shrine to remove, but falling it into the parking lot meant crushing a low wooden fence a few feet in front. No budget but to flop it, and my idea to remove the fence was nixed. The guy that hired me is in construction, so his plan was to set up some old scaffolding over the fence in a way that the tree wouldn't roll off of it. I said, "But in the very least it's going to mess up your scaffolding". His reply was that such was the plan, and he didn't care. Not a complete what the hell was my thought, I liked to once blow up shit, more a reluctant what the hell. Crash, boom, bang and success! Non tree guys can have some good ideas too i guess, or sort of.

I made home Wednesday night from working up north. Had my 2 year old glued to me since he saw me. Bid some work local, 50/50 on the success. I guess you can't win them all. Taking Trev woodchuck hunting tomorrow. Hope the weather stays nice.

Same with a farmer friend of mine. He puts dogfood and left overs at their den to help keep them in good shape. Cuts down on the deer overpopulation too.

We used to have lots of woodchucks out in open hay fields. Coyotes solved that problem.

Back in the eighties we would count chuck holes per acre. Then the coyotes showed up, now, the only time you find a chuck hole is near a building. I've got one living near my sawmill. If I sit quietly eating lunch, he'll come out and nibble some grass.

Had a fun one today.
Yesterday evening I got a call from a distraught woman.
She had a crew remove some trees from near her house, since she was having a couple of extra rooms added.
Builders were showing up on monday, and now the tree guys had walked from the largest tree, saying it was too dangerous for them to fall.
PANIC!
So she called around and got my number.
Not having seen the tree, the best I could offer was to have the whole crew and gear there this morning, with overtime pay for working saturday etc.
She asked the price for a day and fell off her chair when I told her.
But eventually agreed even though money was short with adding to the house and all.
After talking to her I looked it up at Google maps and realized that this horrible tree was a medium size spruce standing 6 feet from the house.
So this morning I drove in there alone, met the woman and gave her a price that was WAY lower.
We ended up settling for cash on the spot, she drove off happy and I knocked the horrible tree out in a bit over an hour.
Honestly, it was walk up, cuttin branches as you go, walk back down, dumping logs.

And my logging/countryside arborist background even made me able to fell the spar along the house without too much fear and trepidation.

Love those jobs where both client and I are happy about the price:)

Still wonder what kind of "working for beer money" crew it was that walked away from that tree?

Sure wish I'd briught my camera, would have given y'all a cheap laugh.

Just had an idea, you should be able to see it here: https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Rø...x13b242509c68d6b9!8m2!3d55.676417!4d12.445135

Scary, eh?

Favorite new treehouse read Stig. Love when some dufuss infuses my dufussness to super-hero status.
(Not implying dufussness to you ; )

Back