How'd it go today?

Sounds like the plague has made it to Montana. I can't stand it when the whole house is sick. I usually fare pretty well but I think it's cause I'm always outside and away from it.

It shouldnt last too long Rich, for me anyway.

When I get sick like this I start to shake and halucinate. Then after about 24 hours of that I am right as rain.

Rest of the family stays sick for days, weeks even. Thanks though.

I shall remember you in my will.

Going to ask a question here. How do you guys feel about being on the front page of the local paper without being spoken to by them? No names were used, not even the company name but it still is bothering me. The article sounded to me like the township was trying to make themselves look good and blaming the utility company. If the link works I will say that the pic that shows a lot of saw bar was the one where I spotted the photographer and was pulling the saw out to find out what he was doing. He jumped in his car and drove away once I walked toward him
http://m.cantonrep.com/news/20160501/tree-cutting-causes-stir-in-jackson-township

I can see why it upset you. We once got media raided when we logged a huge "historical" tree. It was nothing but a tulip poplar but the local media had to show the murderous loggers killing the local rain forest. It sucked. I'd raise hell about it. Could always follow the lead of Paul Newman "in the movie Never give an inch" and go down there and cut the desk in half with your saw

Today was a pretty good day. Uncomplicated.

Taking down trees for a property adjacent to the edge of a forrest. Cedars, big leaf maples and douglas fir. All a good size.

I'd priced to just get the stuff down, but I knew they'd change their mind and want it chipped and bucked upon realizing the extent of the carnage. So I was very mindful of how I laid stuff out i.e. big tops and whole stems as far reaching as I could make them. A little ziplining right at the end too so I didn't have a rats nest to deal with when it came to falling the last big log.

It still looks like a bomb went off but everything was placed with winching in mind. And sure enough, they did the u-turn at the end of the day and have asked me to deal with it all. Probably there's 2 days for two of us. So, I'm pleased about that.

That's so smart of you Reg, as to wow even me, the old retired fart with all the oldman kudos one might hoodwink the culls into :). Well done on the front end, extremely well done.

You sly dog...clever as a fox...good trick to share.

I laughed at this part...
I laid stuff out i.e. big tops and whole stems as far reaching as I could make them.
sounds like that helps the "carnage" aspect of it perhaps.

Thanks Burnham, Gary. Yeah I find cleanup much easier when it's spread out, instead of in big heaps. And then winch the wood out of the brush, not the other way around. Thereafter just sling up big piles of brush right to the chipper.

And sure enough, they did the u-turn at the end of the day and have asked me to deal with it all. Probably there's 2 days for two of us. So, I'm pleased about that.

Cha Ching, that's a win right there:thumbup:

I feel really tired and worn out after yesterday. It was a relatively simple job however there were some limbs to be lifted from over power lines. I'm using a groundsman at the moment that can be slightly challenging to work with in terms of following instructions-there is a lot of backchat coming from the ground (debating instructions & making "suggestions"). I have no problem with people chiming in from the ground in general but when its unhelpful then its unwanted.

I'm pretty sure it ended up physically wearing me out-the stress of having to justify simple straightforward instructions, that although simple, could have disastrous consequences if not followed. That paired with a seeming unwillingness to follow them, essentially insubordination...

That's enough whining from me, the guy has a lot of strong points also- its been a learning lesson for me in terms "right tool for the job"...

Back