How'd it go today?

In the name of the oak and the elm and holly, split be with you, and may they split easily, stacked for drying for now untill next winter, ahhhchoo!

Quite a thing Butch.

I was married in 05, seems like yesterday.

These sorts of threads are my favorite. Lets a person like me have a bit of insight into youse guys lives, things that interest you and things you like, things that bother you, and so forth.

MHO of couree.

Now hurry up and put it all together!

Weathers been nice here. I've barely been indoors because of it. Loving the early spring so far.

The new battery husky broke down on its first morning. 5minutes in and a flashing red light no power! So finished with the 201.

Turns out that the chainbrake was on! I'm so used to saws running but balking against the break I never thought. It's electric it just stops the drive.

This is going to take some adjustment for me.

We have been cold and dry Justin. Even the farmers that like to re seed because they start too soon are holding off right now. Never seen that before, but first part of April is unusual to be farming up here. Cat mechanic is coming out next monday to put cam bearings in and check liner protrusion. I figured what the hell is another 1000 bucks for a service call to make sure every thing is right.

Are they all supposed to do that Mick? Run with the brake on? Seems a bit odd.

Well after 2 hours of watching it rain I called it. The boss kept calling saying it was almost over. It hasn't stopped all day. It's nice to get a short day in once in a while! Stopped at the dealer to get some prices on bars for the 088. Dang do prices go up quick once you get over 36"

The new battery husky broke down on its first morning. 5minutes in and a flashing red light no power! So finished with the 201.

Turns out that the chainbrake was on! I'm so used to saws running but balking against the break I never thought. It's electric it just stops the drive.

This is going to take some adjustment for me.

Don't feel bad... I was about 100 feet up when that little feature got me. Sorry I forgot to warn ya :lol:

Scrap the watching it rain. Was on my way to the garage fridge to grab a beer when my phone rang. A tree uprooted and tore the lines down. Power company replaced the pole but refused to cut the old pole low enough for the cable company to do their thing. Was away from my house for half an hour and got paid for 4. I love it when utility companies can't get along. Big orange even cleaned up the tree but wouldn't cut six feet off the pole. Now that I'm home and wet, that beer tastes a bit better.

Been nursing the hip of late so I took a repair day while the small crew went and burned some slash. That prepped the site for the full crew tomorrow.
Brutus is back up and running. Pole saw/power pruner as well. Needed a new ignition module. Went to rebuild a 200 and found I was missing a couple parts. Tomorrow is another day.
Sold about 6 more trees today for TD. HO clean up... while I was restin ;)

Back